+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lineker

A lot of argument has been put on the freelance/employed debate as to whether the BBC has the right to censor their employees, folk are adamant he's free to say what he wants as he's "freelance". Two weeks ago HMRC lodged court papers against Lineker over £5 million in unpaid taxes, the legal argument is that he was freelance and hence not liable for the tax. Coincidence that 2 weeks after HMRC go to court he starts a very public debate over his employment status, I don't believe in coincidences like that. Boat people ma ****ing hoop, he's got £5 million invested in this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...he-wrong-place

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...-start-8198629

Error
    Last edited by BCram; 12-03-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Interesting info Auldyin. Can anyone explain how he has managed to get this case for so many millions . I thought these service company arrangements were very well understood. Avoiding tax and national insurance should be something that the lefties dislike. It's beating the system that we all have to live with. One rule for the rich, whether Conservative or Labour voter, seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Interesting info Auldyin. Can anyone explain how he has managed to get this case for so many millions . I thought these service company arrangements were very well understood. Avoiding tax and national insurance should be something that the lefties dislike. It's beating the system that we all have to live with. One rule for the rich, whether Conservative or Labour voter, seems fair.
    Looks similar to dab Kelly case.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    viewing figures up last night,but probably due to public curiosity.
    Still rather funny tho
    I do not normally watch BBC Sportscene but I watched it on Saturday evening out of curiosity. It was great just watching the Hearts v Celtic match with no pundits dissecting the game afterwards.
    The BBC bosses should get rid of their presenters and pundits on BBC Scotland Sportscene and Match of the Day and just show us the highlights of the football matches.

Twitter is dying. Elon Musk is doing us all a favour.
    I have never used Twitter.

Avoiding tax is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Avoiding tax is legal.
    That was where is was hoping my comment would take this thread. If you get paid as a subcontractor like Lineker, you probably have to pay VAT at 20%. The point is if you were paid as an employee, your employer would have to pay National Insurance on the gross amount, andthen deduct income tax and personal national insurance at the appropriate rates.

If you have a personal service company you then pay tax at the rate levied for dividends on the amount you draw as a dividend, currently 30%.

I think Lineker and the BBC have avoided tax and national insurance and my question is should that arrangement be regarded as fair?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)