+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Job Done.

Job Done.

Relegated.

All that bad luck, an avalanch of injuries, decisons go bad, like someone is against the club.

All that money on the community trust, the training ground. The money Barry took OUT of the club.

What could survive all of that?

Meanwhile, the fans stump up for a BMW, and get a skoda.

I remember how it felt in the old days when United went up. As in all things, things change, i will celebrate this relegation, richly deserved.

The problem remains though, Barry still owns the club, god knows what the finances are like. Something EVEN WORSE might be coming, and im not referring to the car charges.

With Accrington and Morecambe having home games on Tuesday and again on Saturday it begins to appear that the Cambridge United League One status is on a shoogly peg. On Saturday it is Accrington v MK Dons. It is not easy to find a good result in that match for Cambridge United.
    Morecambe are at home to Oxford United. Thus with these two fixtures being between the 21st, 19th, 20th and 22nd teams it could hardly be a more important day in the relegation zone and immediately above it.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 11-03-2023 at 11:08 PM.

I had to Google 'shoogly peg' as I had never heard of it before

I fear that your greatest wish will now come true Frank,maybe the silliness can stop next season and you return to The Abbey

Its game over Stefan, promotion form will be needed. You havent seen them play have you, do you remember that feeling of hopelessness you get watching a poor team?

Like Rochdale.

You know how to hurt me chalky. I will never return to united, this doorslam is permanent, like all the others.

Part of it is that the older you get, a sense of futility seeps in, of tediousness that never ends. So United go down, they will come up, go down, further down, come up........

yackety yackety yack. Stretching into infinity, it has no meaning. It might as well be a few blokes having a kick around, thats all.

And getting paid. Dont you feel that yet. ? Before it was like life and death, now its like Eastenders, the same sh ite over and over.

p.s, the paradox that keeps me interested and amused is to abuse it in turn, and see it go bust. Now that would be good, and its well on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

You know how to hurt me chalky. I will never return to united, this doorslam is permanent, like all the others.

Part of it is that the older you get, a sense of futility seeps in, of tediousness that never ends.
    I know that I'm repeating myself Frank but I was like that not long back but found myself heading back and I don't regret it,once you go through those gates again and buy a 50/50 ticket with your burger n tea you will feel right back at home, probably best to start at next season though tbh

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)