+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan and Huddersfield administration?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I thought any points deductions for administrations came off at the end of the season.and if the club was already relegated by normal points total they come off next season.
    A report I read said If uddersfield go into administration by Thursday next week, the 12 point deduction will be applied this season. So presume after then it's next season which makes a sale less appealing

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    A report I read said If uddersfield go into administration by Thursday next week, the 12 point deduction will be applied this season. So presume after then it's next season which makes a sale less appealing
    It used to be the 4th Thursday of March. ( could well have changed the rules).
    If you want a conspiracy theory if we win Tuesday night & Huddersfield lose Wednesday night then I would expect them to look at the options of Administration by midnight on the 23rd March. & take the points deduction this season. - rumours have it that someone is interested. in buying out Huddersfield. - ( only a rumour)

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    That cut off would be right the third Thursday in March.it was designed to stop teams already relegated or looking they were going to be taking the hit this in the current season.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974;40238042
    Also to add,if this is true,Wigan probably should be deducted more than 10 points as it will be there second administration in recent times..
    Wigan CEO says it won't be Administration.

It's the 4th time in less than 12months that Wigan have defaulted on paying wages.( June - July - October 22 ( 3 points deduction suspended outcome in January this year) & now March.
    Where do you draw the line?
    Liquidity (cash flow problems) is the official reason.
    That could well be true - especially with a foreign owner that may not have available funds in the UK & is having difficulty in transferring cash needed.
    Monday should be interesting - suspended 3 point deduction implemented - - - - (perhaps not)
    Last edited by Godsend.F.C.; 12-03-2023 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Wigan CEO says it won't be Administration.

It's the 4th time in less than 12months that Wigan have defaulted on paying wages.( June - July - October 22 and now March.
    Where do you draw the line?
    Liquidity (cash flow problems) is the official reason.
    That could well be true - especially with a foreign owner that may not have available funds in the UK & is having difficulty in transferring cash needed.
    Monday should be interesting - suspended 3 point deduction implemented - - - - (perhaps not)
    Only a small aspect in grand scheme of things.but some Wigan fans are wondering why they stayed in a hotel overnight (Friday)for their away game at Burnley yesterday…

Only a small aspect in grand scheme of things.but some Wigan fans are wondering why they stayed in a hotel overnight (Friday)for their away game at Burnley yesterday…
    Premier Inn - or - The Hilton.?
    Up to the EFL to sort it & sort it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Premier Inn - or - The Hilton.?
    Up to the EFL to sort it & sort it quickly.
    Not sure the words quickly and the EFL marry together very often,but agree they do need to sort it.as I said other day a suspended penalty is supposed to be deterrent but if it hasn’t been then it should be implemented.I think you can forgive one occasion but if it’s the fourth time then it should be acted upon.Macclesfield was for repeat wage offences.and a deduction on an appeal which was increased that took them out of the league and then ultimately folded.

Wigan might have decided to stay in a hotel because I believe that they can claim the cost back from Burnley as legitimate matchday expenses.
    ….and yes it should be a reasonably priced hotel and players doubling up in rooms.

Don’t forget that they pipped us to the signing of Ashley Fletcher on loan from Watford ( we must thank them for that near miss though) and presumably offered Tilt a better contract than we did…..and so it goes on and on, Groundhog Day

The EFL are still weak and insipid and owners are running rings round them by just using loosely worded regulations to their own advantage
    Last edited by flourbasher; 12-03-2023 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Wigan might have decided to stay in a hotel because I believe that they can claim the cost back from Burnley as legitimate matchday expenses.
    ….and yes it should be a reasonably priced hotel and players doubling up in rooms.

Don’t forget that they pipped us to the signing of Ashley Fletcher on loan from Watford ( we must thank them for that near miss though) and presumably offered Tilt a better contract than we did…..and so it goes on and on, Groundhog Day

The EFL are still weak and insipid and owners are running rings round them by just using loosely worded regulations to their own advantage
    Yes Wigan have been abusing the system far too long ,A proper penalty should be given to this totally mismanaged outfit.

That cut off would be right the third Thursday in March.it was designed to stop teams already relegated or looking they were going to be taking the hit this in the current season.
    The deadline certainly was the fourth Thursday in March. I don't know if that's been changed.
    Going into administration by that date would mean points deduction this season. After that date it depends:
    If the club would be relegated even without the deduction then that deduction is in the following season. Otherwise the deduction is this season - which may or may not result in relegation anyway

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast