+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Amazing who you meet on a footy coach journey

Amazing who you meet on a footy coach journey

My companion today was none other than the original Guru who use to post on here several years ago. Don't be confused, it was Guru not GWRU or gru who posts now.

We had a good friendly chat about all things football and RUFC on the way down. The pub we stopped at put on a splendid Carvery which I have to say, we both devoured and enjoyed.

Not so much conversation on the way back as ZZZZZZZZZZZ's were required as it had been a long day and there wasn't much to discuss or be cheerful about. He did say that he regularly looks in on the board reading the threads/topics but no longer replies.

I wonder how many more of our ex MillersMadster folk still look in but don't reply?

Anyway, if you get to read this Guru, it was a pleasure meeting you Sir and look forward to meeting up again for the Hull game

Great stuff Brin. I remember once going to Colchester on the supporters bus and stopping off at the services somewhere and meeting the legendary Zippy and Deano, then watching the match with Rouger. Great memories, hope to do it again one day:-)

I remember meeting amadster on the tube on the way to Wembley wearing a T-shirt with his name on. Can’t remember who it was but he doesn’t post anymore. Must have been when I first joined because I don’t remember seeing that shirts were being sold advertising MM. Anybody remember which game it was?

Met Samuel Vines outside the chantry chapel last week. Nice bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    I remember meeting amadster on the tube on the way to Wembley wearing a T-shirt with his name on. Can’t remember who it was but he doesn’t post anymore. Must have been when I first joined because I don’t remember seeing that shirts were being sold advertising MM. Anybody remember which game it was?
    pip_y, it was way back in the day when this board was at its best. I’ve still got my T-shirt. We all all met up in the Stag beer garden, can’t remember if it pre or post the trip. I know the logo on it says ‘Idiots on tour’ and then your name was printed on the back.

Off the top of my head when we met up I recall Deano, RiverRother Fav, Poddington, as a few names, I think Crabbers was also one along with his Son. Thing is I can’t recall what game it was for? 😄