+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Net Zero, the true cost.

Mines just a typo Sinky,I'm sure you will agree with me about BT being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    "Their" not "there".#Grammar School education. 😁
    Sometimes Alfie you lose me you really do. Did you get hit with a Rugby League ball on the napper when you were young?

My higher education touch a nerve BT. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Mines just a typo Sinky,I'm sure you will agree with me about BT being wrong.
    Yeah it's wrong Alfie, but when you gob off as much as me and BT do, it's bound to happen. I've done the same thing myself, so I'm saying nowt.

I'll be honest, It was 1975 when I shut myself up in a bunker, so am unsure what it;s like out there, "but there's communication with the outside", you'll say...true, but as have been here so long, things have gotten somewhat flaky, I don't know, I could be talking to myself.

All I did was listen to the science, believed what the best of the best told me, how could they be wrong ?

“Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born,” wrote Paul Ehrlich in a 1969 essay titled “Eco-Catastrophe!…between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would perish in the “Great Die-Off.

In January 1970, Life reported, “Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….”

1970's, Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

1970's, Ecologist Kenneth Watt told Time that, “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.”

1970's, Sen. Gaylord Nelson wrote in Look that, “Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.

the list goes on, and on, and on.....but more important, am running out of Cheese Straws and Twiglets, so if you are out there, am at Slozzlewick, there's a large field with an oak tree in the middle of it, about half a mile south of the village church, leave the bag in the box on the small metal platform and help yourself to a bag of coal from the shed at the corner of the field.

Thanks in advance.

I honestly cannot even read this thread as the words alone "net zero" wind me up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    I honestly cannot even read this thread as the words alone "net zero" wind me up too much.
    Me too, reminds me of when I went fishing, I used to net zero all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Me too, reminds me of when I went fishing, I used to net zero all the time.
    I had a couple of pricey bets that went tits up on Saturday, so the weekly beer allowance is also at net zero. $hit innit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I had a couple of pricey bets that went tits up on Saturday, so the weekly beer allowance is also at net zero. $hit innit?
    I still have my fiver on us to be relegated at 12/1 betting slip at the back of a drawer. Tits up hardly covers that one mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I still have my fiver on us to be relegated at 12/1 betting slip at the back of a drawer. Tits up hardly covers that one mon ami.

cash it in , Sinkov, your quids in on my books -off to the land babel , to "confuse and confound",....a backwards step, unless the head is spun.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)