+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Net Zero, the true cost.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why do we put up with there nonsense sinkov.

If two ordinary, aging football fans can see right through their charade why can't the masses?
    Another can of worms BT. People are either too busy to inform themselves, are too lazy to inform themselves or not intelligent enough to understand the issues.

Lineker is a classic example of how ill informed so many people are. It was almost juxtaposed in The Times - Lineker’s idiot comments and research on the atrocities perpetrated by the Germans on Alderney in the Channel Islands.

People seem to prefer spending their time watching Love Island (whatever that is) than informing their own opinions.

Why do people of a right-wing persuasion say things like "Jug Ears" and "Lineker’s idiot comments"

it's an age thing which we got from our teachers at school when they were trying to belittle us.

Why do people of a right-wing persuasion say things like "Jug Ears" and "Lineker’s idiot comments"
    I am not right-wing BT. I support whatever makes sense to me as being in the best interests of the country and its people.

To liken Government policy on illegal immigrants to the actions and opinions of the Nazis and/or Germans is ill-informed and the opinions of an idiot. Idiot in this context is a person of low intelligence. Lineker gives every impression of being of low intelligence.

If he has any knowledge of the Nazis and their atrocities, there is no evidence of that knowledge in his comment.

I can think of three possible reasons mon ami.

1) Because he has Jug Ears.
    2) Because he is an idiot.
    3) Because he's a c-u-n-t.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I am not right-wing BT. I support whatever makes sense to me as being in the best interests of the country and its people.

To liken Government policy on illegal immigrants to the actions and opinions of the Nazis and/or Germans is ill-informed and the opinions of an idiot. Idiot in this context is a person of low intelligence. Lineker gives every impression of being of low intelligence.

If he has any knowledge of the Nazis and their atrocities, there is no evidence of that knowledge in his comment.
    I take it you are a big fan of Gary Lineker S_c?

Silly Braverman would do an "Italian Job" and let the unfortunates drown in the Channel if she could get away with it. She's just as bad as the Nazis in my book.

Rwanda anyone?

I'm not sure what you mean S_c. Are you suggesting he is unaware of the Holocaust and Nazi atrocities?

He commented on German actions in the 1930s which was vague and ambiguous. I can't see what the Silly Braverman reaction was all about.

.....People are either too busy to inform themselves, are too lazy to inform themselves or not intelligent enough to understand the issues.
    People seem to prefer spending their time watching Love Island (whatever that is) than informing their own opinions.

Varying degrees of value - Swiss.......some believe a topic of worth to their existence, whereas others value the same as meaningless decoration....the choice is voluntary, which should be respected....the problems occur when basic issue's are blown out of proportion, deny debate, are used to distract, or force a perspective to manipulate perception or feed moral ambiguity to suppress rational thinking - then comes the degree of acceptance, or resistance to it, as the more who allow their identity to be led instead of leading themselves, sooner or later....empty their presence until it craves restoration, from wherever, whatever, or whoever supplies a reply to their appetite for excitement.

an example, the level of concentration required when reading print from 100-200 years ago - compared to an equivalent of today,.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "It has long been clear that the inhabitants of the Westminster village were happy to hype up fears of climate purgatory and to fib about the road to redemption – renewables – and the cost of taking it. Once the public understand the depth and extent of the deception, and the damage done to the economy and the prospects for our children, the trickery over Covid is going to look decidedly peripheral."

"The latest report from the Climate Change Committee (CCC) is a case in point. On the surface it’s a roadmap to a decarbonised electricity grid, but in reality it’s merely a sales document, full of tricks, evasions and outright falsehoods that would make even the most cynical used car salesman blush."

"For example, in a number of places, it says that decarbonisation of the grid will be ‘cost-effective’, but you will find next to no information on what it will cost. The game that is being played becomes a bit clearer when you read the reference to ‘carbon prices’. In normal usage, the carbon price is the estimate of the damage done by a ton of carbon dioxide, but in the CCC’s parlance it is an estimate of what it will cost to decarbonise. So, while it gives you the impression it has done a cost-benefit analysis and is going to be saving you money, in reality it is only saying that the bill to be paid will be the same as previously advised. It’s a trick."

"Another trick is to assume that wind power costs will be only a quarter of what they actually are. For years, the industry has been pushing claims that they have brought about a cost-reduction revolution. The problem is that windfarms’ own financial accounts show that it isn’t true. And with new windfarms now saying they will not come on stream without further subsidies, the deception has been exposed."

"I’m picking on the CCC here, simply because it is in the news today. But it’s not just the CCC. None of the bodies whom the public expect to tell the truth about the Net Zero project will do so: the Royal Academy of Engineering is silent. The Royal Society likewise. National Grid pretends the task is a cinch. The National Infrastructure Commission just repeats the Government line verbatim. Parliament asks how soon the job can be done, not whether it can be done or how much it will cost. Everywhere the tricks go unchallenged and the lies are swept under the carpet."

"Such deceptions mean that we are storing up catastrophic harms for our economy, and for our children and grandchildren. Energy that was said to be as cheap as gas is actually going to cost three or four times as much. The costs of ensuring supply when the wind doesn’t blow are an order of magnitude larger."

"And whether it was delivered on the back of a lie or not, you are going to have to pay for it. A huge pipeline of wind projects is in place already, each eligible for an astonishing array of hidden subsidies – the list is too long to give here. Once built, they will suck wealth from our economy and hope from our society. They will be hard, if not impossible, to close down – they have been made exempt from windfall taxes and the Government cannot simply switch them off without destroying investor confidence in the economy as a whole. If we do not reverse course soon, our children will never know the wealth we have enjoyed until now, just poverty and rationing and hardship. And all because everyone is too scared to challenge the lies. Just like Covid."
    Not just like Covid Sinkov. Over one million dead in the USA alone from Covid. Vacccination is a proven technique hence the elimination of smallpox

Quote Originally Posted by Tap in MN View Post
    Not just like Covid Sinkov. Over one million dead in the USA alone from Covid. Vacccination is a proven technique hence the elimination of smallpox
    From Covid ? Or with Covid ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)