+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Net Zero, the true cost.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "The Guardian view on the IPCC warning: a last chance to save the planet"

The good old Grauniad, they never give up, I believe this is the 451st last chance to save the planet.
    It's getting beyond tedious mon ami I think even Greta Thunderthighs has given up with "Death is imminent" warnings.

I'm even coming round to the Orange Buffoon's way of thinking on this subject.

Wait until the banks stop giving long term mortgages and then start worrying.

"The Guardian view on the IPCC warning: a last chance to save the planet"

The good old Grauniad, they never give up, I believe this is the 451st last chance to save the planet.
    I count 457 - but whats the odd number when "it seems" were on a floaty space ball orbiting the sun at 67.000 mph....."what could possibly go wrong".

--

Trust your leaders - for they will feed you lies, and fear of the truth.

Last edited by Norder; 21-03-2023 at 09:02 PM.

Try as they might, the Eco Loons, sooner or later, come up against reality.

"Net zero ban on petrol cars in chaos after Brussels climbdown. Proposals to ditch internal combustion engines face crisis following 'e-fuels' exemption in EU. A looming British ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars was thrown into chaos on Tuesday after Brussels watered down its own restrictions amid opposition from the German auto industry. Experts and politicians warned that British rules due to take effect in 2030 are untenable following the European climbdown, which will allow internal combustion engines as long as they burn carbon-neutral petrol alternatives."

And reality always wins.

2030 was always a non starter, so much hot air ( and associated emissions).

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    2030 was always a non starter, so much hot air ( and associated emissions).
    You know that Chris, I know that, but the lunatics who run the country, and our lives, thought it was, most of them probably still do.

You know that Chris, I know that, but the lunatics who run the country, and our lives, thought it was, most of them probably still do.
    I think it was just political rhetoric to try and convince the green element that they were doing the right thing but at the same time knowing it was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I think it was just political rhetoric to try and convince the green element that they were doing the right thing but at the same time knowing it was impossible.
    The frightening thing is, imo, the green element are now running the country, they're making the decisions. And they're all quite mad.

At least you knew where you stood with Screaming Lord Sutch.

"Whopping 82% of Berlin’s Voters Refuse to Support Net Zero 2030 as Referendum Fails"

"A key vote for Net Zero CO2 emissions by 2030 in Berlin has failed to reach the turnout threshold to be deemed valid, with just 18% turning out to vote in favour, in a major setback for activists. Pierre Gosselin in Watts Up With That? has more.

Last Sunday’s ‘Berlin Climate Neutrality By 2030’ referendum failed resoundingly despite the more than a million euros spent in a massive run-up campaign that included plastering the city with posters, concerts by famous performers, huge support and propaganda by the media and hefty donations coming from Left wing activists from the east and west coasts of the USA.

Once the dust of the referendum had settled, it emerged that the ‘yes’ side fell way short of the quorum 608,000 votes needed to pass the measure. Only 442,210 cast a vote in favour, which represents only 18% of Berlin’s eligible voters. The activists expected a far greater turnout. 82% refused to lend any support.

Berlin’s rejection of the climate neutrality by 2030 mandate is a massive body blow to the the radical ‘Fridays for Future’ and ‘Last Generation’ movement in Germany, and it will take months for the radicals to recover, if ever, from this setback.

The Berlin initiative to make the city climate neutral by 2030 was led by rich, upper class youths like Luisa ‘Longhaul’ Neubauer. But Berliners, having been harassed for months by activists gluing themselves to the streets and blocking traffic, saw the folly of the initiative and the high costs it would entail politically and financially. They decided resoundingly they wanted no part of it.

The final results were 442,210 for ‘yes’ and 423,418 for ‘no’, a narrow majority for yes of 51% vs 49% of those who turned out. However, with just 18% showing up to vote in favour, the support fell far short of the quorum of 25% of the population of 2,430,000 that was needed, so the motion failed."

God bless the good ship Germany, and all who sail in her.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)