+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QPR tactics yesterday

QPR tactics yesterday

Were spot on on. Time wasting throughout , feigning injuries , they “ played the referee” to perfection. The longer it went on the more they got away with to the point it was embarrassing to watch. The crowd didn’t like it, the team didn’t like it and VK didn’t have the answer to it. Good luck to them, both teams got what they deserved.

I believe there were 8 minutes added on at the end, so the ref did do something about it, sort of, but most refs are easy prey to a cynical time wasting team, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, but they do, game after game, after game.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Were spot on on. Time wasting throughout , feigning injuries , they “ played the referee” to perfection. The longer it went on the more they got away with to the point it was embarrassing to watch. The crowd didn’t like it, the team didn’t like it and VK didn’t have the answer to it. Good luck to them, both teams got what they deserved.
    Spot on Mal - they played the referee to a tee

They were the worst team to come to us this year but left with the spoils - I’ll say this for them though, they went forward with intent and when they got to the business end of the field they knew what to do - we spent a lot of time sideways passing with no end product - in fact we looked very ordinary without mr Tella who’s prepared to run in behind and in the channels.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I believe there were 8 minutes added on at the end, so the ref did do something about it, sort of, but most refs are easy prey to a cynical time wasting team, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, but they do, game after game, after game.
    Yes the referee DID do something about it with the 8 minutes of extra time, I agree. Even then we showed no urgency getting forward to try to get the winner. What the referee should have done in the first half was to book a couple of players, even spoke to Gareth Ainsworth about it, to let everyone know he wasn’t going to tolerate it. But he DIDN,T. In fact it took him until the 89th minute to act on it. No excuses from me, we didn’t look the part yesterday.

I also noticed that every time we got in close one of their players went down in the area as a sort of added insurance. At times it was comical, 4 of their players dropping at one point, the sniper in the crowd was having a field day.

As a PL outfit we should have put them to the sword. Especially at home. I am now concerned about how we will fare in the PL. we do need to see some strengthening in summer.

I am a great fan of VK but I would have gone for the title, then given some fringe players a run out.

This sort of thing disgusts the hell out of me, and Ainsworth had his former club Wycombe doing it all the time as well.
    I've always thought refs should be tougher, on both feigning injuries and on time wasting, and on surrounding the ref everytime and demanding things. But they let it go too often, and only show a card when its too late in the game. 😫

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This sort of thing disgusts the hell out of me, and Ainsworth had his former club Wycombe doing it all the time as well.
    I've always thought refs should be tougher, on both feigning injuries and on time wasting, and on surrounding the ref everytime and demanding things. But they let it go too often, and only show a card when its too late in the game. ��
    Agreed Acido, most of the game's problem's are due to poor officiating, referees have the power to eradicate the nonsense but they simply don't use it. Players can only get away with what the refs allow them to get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    As a PL outfit we should have put them to the sword. Especially at home. I am now concerned about how we will fare in the PL. we do need to see some strengthening in summer.

I am a great fan of VK but I would have gone for the title, then given some fringe players a run out.
    We need a different midfield Swiss - cullen is a brilliant orchestrator but he needs someone with him who’s a big strong boy - we have a weakness and it’s our size - they won almost every header and got on the knockdowns in between our midfield and back line and eventually the pressure told - if you add to that we were slow in our build up - very unlike us tbh

In hindsight if we’d scored early as we should have done 2/3 times the game would have been different - something else that needs addressing as no Tella - no goals really ( I reckon Benson has the best left foot in the country at the minute though ).

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)