+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Net Zero, the true cost.

Net Zero, the true cost.

"It has long been clear that the inhabitants of the Westminster village were happy to hype up fears of climate purgatory and to fib about the road to redemption – renewables – and the cost of taking it. Once the public understand the depth and extent of the deception, and the damage done to the economy and the prospects for our children, the trickery over Covid is going to look decidedly peripheral."

"The latest report from the Climate Change Committee (CCC) is a case in point. On the surface it’s a roadmap to a decarbonised electricity grid, but in reality it’s merely a sales document, full of tricks, evasions and outright falsehoods that would make even the most cynical used car salesman blush."

"For example, in a number of places, it says that decarbonisation of the grid will be ‘cost-effective’, but you will find next to no information on what it will cost. The game that is being played becomes a bit clearer when you read the reference to ‘carbon prices’. In normal usage, the carbon price is the estimate of the damage done by a ton of carbon dioxide, but in the CCC’s parlance it is an estimate of what it will cost to decarbonise. So, while it gives you the impression it has done a cost-benefit analysis and is going to be saving you money, in reality it is only saying that the bill to be paid will be the same as previously advised. It’s a trick."

"Another trick is to assume that wind power costs will be only a quarter of what they actually are. For years, the industry has been pushing claims that they have brought about a cost-reduction revolution. The problem is that windfarms’ own financial accounts show that it isn’t true. And with new windfarms now saying they will not come on stream without further subsidies, the deception has been exposed."

"I’m picking on the CCC here, simply because it is in the news today. But it’s not just the CCC. None of the bodies whom the public expect to tell the truth about the Net Zero project will do so: the Royal Academy of Engineering is silent. The Royal Society likewise. National Grid pretends the task is a cinch. The National Infrastructure Commission just repeats the Government line verbatim. Parliament asks how soon the job can be done, not whether it can be done or how much it will cost. Everywhere the tricks go unchallenged and the lies are swept under the carpet."

"Such deceptions mean that we are storing up catastrophic harms for our economy, and for our children and grandchildren. Energy that was said to be as cheap as gas is actually going to cost three or four times as much. The costs of ensuring supply when the wind doesn’t blow are an order of magnitude larger."

"And whether it was delivered on the back of a lie or not, you are going to have to pay for it. A huge pipeline of wind projects is in place already, each eligible for an astonishing array of hidden subsidies – the list is too long to give here. Once built, they will suck wealth from our economy and hope from our society. They will be hard, if not impossible, to close down – they have been made exempt from windfall taxes and the Government cannot simply switch them off without destroying investor confidence in the economy as a whole. If we do not reverse course soon, our children will never know the wealth we have enjoyed until now, just poverty and rationing and hardship. And all because everyone is too scared to challenge the lies. Just like Covid."

Someone on Twitter is asking Greta Thunburg why she has just deleted this tweet of hers.

"A top climate scientist is warning that climate change will wipe out all of humanity unless we stop using fossil fuels over the next five years".

Possibly it has something to do with the date of the Tweet,

"7.18AM, Jun 21, 2018"

Sinkov if you have a bit of time on your hands then please properly research this lie because it is the greatest one of all.

I'm not sure which of the great global capitalists is driving this nonsense but it is utter bollox.

I had made a load of contemporaneous notes on this issue but "lost" the file. It's odd because I have never, ever "lost" a file before.

I have properly researched it mon ami, I've been following this scam with incredulity for many years, posted about it on here before. If you're missing anything have a look at the Daily Sceptic Archive page https://dailysceptic.org/archive/. Scroll down to the Climate Change section near the bottom, more there than you'll ever have time to read, the whole stinking, rotten, corrupt scam exposed in all it's glory. But it's hidden away, which is where our politicians and media would prefer it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I have properly researched it mon ami, I've been following this scam with incredulity for many years, posted about it on here before. If you're missing anything have a look at the Daily Sceptic Archive page https://dailysceptic.org/archive/. Scroll down to the Climate Change section near the bottom, more there than you'll ever have time to read, the whole stinking, rotten, corrupt scam exposed in all it's glory. But it's hidden away, which is where our politicians and media would prefer it to be.
    Why do we put up with there nonsense sinkov.

If two ordinary, aging football fans can see right through their charade why can't the masses?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why do we put up with there nonsense sinkov.

If two ordinary, aging football fans can see right through their charade why can't the masses?
    Even my Grammar School education does not provide me with the answer to that one mon ami. Joseph Goebbels knew what he was talking about, “Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.” The only thing I would quibble with there is 'eventually', for whatever reason there was no eventually about it, the masses bought into this one instantaneously.

"Their" not "there".#Grammar School education. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    "Their" not "there".#Grammar School education. ��
    Get your dunces hat on and stand in the naughty corner Alfie. 'Their' indicates possession, my use of 'there' in the above post is correct.

"Why do we put up with there nonsense" is wrong , should bre " their" so get your dunces cap on BT.lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    "Why do we put up with there nonsense" is wrong , should bre " their" so get your dunces cap on BT.lol
    When you post 'bre' Alfie, do,you mean 'be' ?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)