+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Elephant in the room

Elephant in the room

Nick Pope
    Great keeper but looks like he could also be a BIG liability
    I really thought he was going to give another penalty and get sent off and I think we are very lucky

He's having a wobble the last few games. He'll be back.

He'll be fine.

Just needs to think about twatting it long sometimes.

Couple of top class saves today.

If our biggest worry at the minute is Pope. . . then I'm happy enough with that.

He's having a wobble, every player in existence has them, just more noticable as a keeper.

He'll be back to his brilliant best in short order, 100% sure of that.

He has dropped some clangers of late, mind. I've no doubt Eddie will help him improve as he's done with others.

Looking at all the reports and comments from the x refs we/he have been very lucky long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Looking at all the reports and comments from the x refs we/he have been very lucky long may it continue
    All good goal Keepers have their moments.

During his career he's never had more than a minor wobble.

Won't be more than what it is. The defense needs bare some responsibility for their slight drop off in form.

My guess is that it's collective fatigue over the duration of the season.

Tired legs and brains, we're a small squad who most have played every minute.

With the schedule coming up in April we will have to get through 7 of the remaining 13 matches which will define our season and that of those around us.

A good month and we'll be in the UCL if we don't then we won't!

Name:  Screenshot 2023-03-14 160409.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  72.2 KB

Despite his recent wobbles I think he's the all round steadiest keeper we've had since Steve Harper.

You can't expect any player, particularly a keeper, go through an entire season faultless, it's just not possible.

As well as this he will know when he's made an error and he will attend to it in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Despite his recent wobbles I think he's the all round steadiest keeper we've had since Steve Harper.

You can't expect any player, particularly a keeper, go through an entire season faultless, it's just not possible.

As well as this he will know when he's made an error and he will attend to it in his own way.
    Yeah exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post

i think he's the best 'keeper I've seen since Pav...and possibly better?

I agree-he'll attend to his error...but, to make a rick like that so soon after his sending off means that someone has to sit him down and do a wee bit of, I dunno, mental approach-type work with him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)