+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The 'phew we needed that' reflections on today

The 'phew we needed that' reflections on today

Doesn't matter that it was very tough at times or that, again, we should have scored more than we did to make it easier on ourseles...this was one of those games when the result, the win, was the only thing that really mattered.

As Eddie has just said, it showed a lot of character to regroup after their goal and find another level and that will be crucial going forward.

Isak has nother 70 minutes under his belt and was fantastic. When fully fit, he'll be a huge asset.

Maybe the luck was with us over the Nick Pope incident. Sky are adamant it was a foul and a red-they almost sound offended that it wasn't given but we've had some shitty decisions go against us this season so I don't care. It was one of those where you could reasonably argue for or against. Personally, I thought their player was looking for it and threw himself into Pope but, had it been the other way, I'd probably have a different opinion.

I'd rather, on occasions like that, he just twatted it.

As TT says, Dan Burn was excellent.

You know I love Longstaff but...we need someone who can do a bit more with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Doesn't matter that it was very tough at times or that, again, we should have scored more than we did to make it easier on ourseles...this was one of those games when the result, the win, was the only thing that really mattered.

As Eddie has just said, it showed a lot of character to regroup after their goal and find another level and that will be crucial going forward.

Isak has nother 70 minutes under his belt and was fantastic. When fully fit, he'll be a huge asset.

Maybe the luck was with us over the Nick Pope incident. Sky are adamant it was a foul and a red-they almost sound offended that it wasn't given but we've had some shitty decisions go against us this season so I don't care. It was one of those where you could reasonably argue for or against. Personally, I thought their player was looking for it and threw himself into Pope but, had it been the other way, I'd probably have a different opinion.

I'd rather, on occasions like that, he just twatted it.

As TT says, Dan Burn was excellent.

You know I love Longstaff but...we need someone who can do a bit more with the ball.
    Spot on man. And Wolves aren't easy to score against either. BTW the Sky commentator for the game grappling for an explanation for the EH success said he has had more financial support than Brucey did which boiled my urine.

Do these guys do any research?

Could I just say that was a cultured header from Isak showing great technique.

Not a powerhouse sledgehammer Dunc or Sir Les header but a technical, efficient and directed one.

Class.

Aye, it was some header.

Wolves are a technically good team and are better than their position suggests so today was never going to be easy. And it wasn't but we won. Lot of credit all round today, I think.

Aye - credit to Howe for making the changes that needed to be made as well.

He could of stuck with Wilson and Miggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Spot on man. And Wolves aren't easy to score against either. BTW the Sky commentator for the game grappling for an explanation for the EH success said he has had more financial support than Brucey did which boiled my urine.

Do these guys do any research?
    Of course they don't. The lack of research and knowledge/truth they know about the team... only 1 of 20, you know, nothing too important, just 5% of their entire daily career is infuriating. These clowns should know everything about every single team in the league, imagine a surgeon not knowing how to operate on 45% of the human body or anyone else ever only knowing about 6/20ths of their job and getting paid a fortune for it?

Mental!

However that's not the most annoying thing for me. Personally, it's the contemptuous, knowing tone of voice of someone looking down their nose as they brush off the crazy success we've seen Eddie Howe and the team (mostly inherited from Cabbage & the Slug) produce over the last 18months as nothing more than buying their way to success.

These are the same a$$holes who's brown tongues are planted firmly between the cheeks of the likes of Chelsea & Man U - two of the biggest culprits when considering buying titles!

Two of the most toxic clubs responsible for taking a grenade to the transfer market for 2 decades and inflating player wages to a point where even the most mediocre player now expected an average salary of £30-40,000/week.

Yet, Newcastle United are responsible for the status quo, we are the ones who are causing all the financial issues at the Beloved Liverpool, boohoo can't compete, only spending £70m on a Goal Keeper among others.

Pathetic!

Phew, we really needed that today! I think this is the type of win that shows just how strong we've become.

A lot of players fought their @sses off without necessarily playing their best games. Trippier obviously f*cked up but he also provided an assist. Sven and Fabian are still going strong and fought well today, I'm sure you all Schär that opinion with me.

It's great to see Miggy with another goal, if he goes on a run again than we will have a very interesting run towards the end of the season, Almi wrong or am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Phew, we really needed that today! I think this is the type of win that shows just how strong we've become.

A lot of players fought their @sses off without necessarily playing their best games. Trippier obviously f*cked up but he also provided an assist. Sven and Fabian are still going strong and fought well today, I'm sure you all Schär that opinion with me.

It's great to see Miggy with another goal, if he goes on a run again than we will have a very interesting run towards the end of the season, Almi wrong or am I right?
    You are right, Miggy seems to be a confidence type of player who thrives on success, and being loved by the fans. He could well go on another run, now that he’s scored and that could be the difference between Europe or no Europe. Isak must continue to start games imo,how else will he build up his fitness? That might anger, and motivate Wilson to up his game when he comes on. Regardless of this we still need another reliable striker next season, he might cost top money as well.

Looked at the Pope incident loads since. Whilst it could have gone either way, Jiminez clearly throws himself into Pope. He jumps to initiate contact to make the most of Pope's rush to try to undo his mistake.

He cheated. It was very slickly done and there is contact but he initiated that contact.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)