+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Howes Record against the "rest"

Eddie Howes Record against the "rest"

Premier League.
    Played 35
    Won 21
    Drew 12
    Lost 2 (Everton and leicester away)

There is no shame in losing to Liverpool, Manure and City, it does not mean the wheels have come off and it does not mean our bubble has burst.

His full premier league record is 12 defeats in over 50 games.
    4 of those defeats to Liverpool and 3 to City.
    Chelsea, spurs and arsenal with one each.

We are very very difficult to beat

That’s pretty impressive and even some of those defeats weren’t without incident:

Liverpool (a) - Isak offside disallowed goal & phantom injury time
    Liverpool (h) - loads of chances after the sending off
    Man City (a) - good chances missed
    Chelsea (a) (21/22) - Havertz non-red card (Dan Burn) & Murphy penalty not given
    Everton (a) (21/22) - Pitch protestor & loads of additional time
    Liverpool (a) (21/22) - Hayden down with head injury in 6 yard box but Mike Dean played on for equaliser

Yes, we’ve had bits of luck ourselves - no VAR for Pope penalty appeal yesterday for example but no more than anyone else. Things definitely moving in the right direction.

Yes, as well as that look how many of those draws we had an enormous amount of possession and chances which with a Shearer/Ferdinand/Cole type striker up front would have those one point games turned into wins.

Great post, Mick. I know people are fond of saying 'look how far we've come' but I think some fans do actually need to look at how far we've come. It's like comparing night and day when you look at how things were (in the main) throughout Fatso's time here.

And, as Bix says, some of those defeats had some game-changing shocking decisions in them. Not run of the mill, these things even themselves out over the course of the season decisions but genuine 'how the fcuk was that decision allowed?'. The shirt pulls against Chelsea and Wolves, the disallowed goals against Palace and Liverpool.

Eddie Howe is doing an incredible job. He's trying to run a 5 star hotel but some of the furniture is from DFS and some of the food is from Lidl.

I really liked how we turned yesterday’s game on it’s head. They equalized and had the upper hand but we came back and won. I’d like to see us coming back to win from losing positions more often and I’m sure this’ll come as our squad depth improves.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I really liked how we turned yesterday’s game on it’s head. They equalized and had the upper hand but we came back and won. I’d like to see us coming back to win from losing positions more often and I’m sure this’ll come as our squad depth improves.
    That is always going to be the problem, the squad depth and it will take more than one window to correct the situation. But still, as each window goes by, there is improvement and sooner rather than later we will be in the position that every member of the squad will be a potential starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Great post, Mick. I know people are fond of saying 'look how far we've come' but I think some fans do actually need to look at how far we've come. It's like comparing night and day when you look at how things were (in the main) throughout Fatso's time here.

And, as Bix says, some of those defeats had some game-changing shocking decisions in them. Not run of the mill, these things even themselves out over the course of the season decisions but genuine 'how the fcuk was that decision allowed?'. The shirt pulls against Chelsea and Wolves, the disallowed goals against Palace and Liverpool.

Eddie Howe is doing an incredible job. He's trying to run a 5 star hotel but some of the furniture is from DFS and some of the food is from Lidl.
    Excellent comment and feels so true

Another impressive stat.

Only twice since he took over, has a prem team other than "the big six" scored more than one goal in a game against us.

That stat gets even more impressive when you realise it was Brentford in a 3-3 draw, which was actually his.1st game in charge AND, he wasn't even there as he had covid. The other was Leicester away almost 15 months ago when they beat us 4-0 a few weeks before our recovery had even started.

9.of our last 13 games are against "the rest" so we have a great chance of pushing on. As, over the 17 or 18 months Eddie has been In charge, even I we fall below our normal standards, we do not lose these games....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    9.of our last 13 games are against "the rest" so we have a great chance of pushing on. As, over the 17 or 18 months Eddie has been In charge, even I we fall below our normal standards, we do not lose these games....
    This is (below) what the best managers have achieved in terms of win Ratio.

EH is 41.19% in his career in the EPL - Inclusive of Bournemouth.
    This season Win Percentage - 48.48%

With those extra quality players to enable us to maintain the high power / intensity / pressure throughout 90 mins in more games that average will rise significantly.

Name:  FM_WRatio.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  75.8 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)