+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Hearts

The fans at Pittodrie today were making their feelings known about what they think about Robson.

I know there are a few guys online who never go to the football that don’t want him to be the manager but nobody really cares what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The fans at Pittodrie today were making their feelings known about what they think about Robson.

I know there are a few guys online who never go to the football that don’t want him to be the manager but nobody really cares what they think.
    Regardless of what they think, Robson's stats so far speak for themselves. Having played an even spread of teams from bottom to top, I think comparison is pretty fair .....

Entire Season 21/22 - Glass/Goodwin: Average points per game = 1.08 or 36%
    Season 22/23 first 23 games - Goodwin: Average points per game = 1.26 or 42%
    Season 22/23 latest 6 games - Robson: Average points per game = 2.00 or 67%

2016/17 last time we finished 2nd - McInnes: Average points per game = 2.00 or 67%
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 18-03-2023 at 09:32 PM.

Pleasantly surprised by that today.
    I thought those dirty mini-huns would have kicked us off our game.
    Good to see some decent football being played by us.
    Glad they didn't score either.

Robson should be given until the end of the season to submit his candidacy for the manager's job.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Regardless of what they think, Robson's stats so far speak for themselves. Having played an even spread of teams from bottom to top, I think comparison is pretty fair .....

2016/17 last time we finished 2nd - McInnes: Average points per game = 2.00 or 67%
    ** Apologies ... 16/17 was NOT the last time we finished 2nd ... but the season McInnes achieved highest points total of 76 ... same season as Timothy went unbeaten and took 106 points ... which makes Robson's stat comparison all the more noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Pleasantly surprised by that today.
    I thought those dirty mini-huns would have kicked us off our game.
    Good to see some decent football being played by us.
    Glad they didn't score either.

Robson should be given until the end of the season to submit his candidacy for the manager's job.
    They would have kicked us off our game but they couldn't get near to us. Even in the 2nd half when we took our foot off the gas we could still have doubled our tally. Robson has quickly instilled a desire in the team, something severely lacking under Goodwin. We've also got momentum under him so surely we won't appoint Hutter/nutter, Knutsen/Kuntsen, Lennon before the season ends. No doubt RJ would say it's the cheap option but it might well be the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

I honestly think Robson deserves it with what he’s done so far,maybe just give it to him until the end of the season but I have no problem if he gets it full time.

The argument is that he is inexperienced and a lot of inexperienced managers recently have started off well and ended up struggling.

But I think Robson has been clever in bringing in an experienced assistant in Agnew where the other rookie managers haven’t.

No Aberdeen manager has left us for a bigger job since Fergie, so there’s no real need to offer a contract that protects the club. Give him the job. If he does well, then great. If he doesn’t, then we’re not any worse off.

Tremendous performance today. First class.

First 45 was as good as ive seen from an AFC team in years.

Application, intensity, aggressive high early press and played some decent stuff too.

Attitude was absolutely everything youd want, but i just cant help but remain rather irritated that we can deliver that when we’ve seen such spineless pish from most of these players time and time again.

Anyway, credit where its due:

Shinnie immense - proper captain and leader. Get him re-signed
    The 2 CH’s were rock solid. Finally some proper defenders
    McCrorie very good. All over the park and great going forward
    Clarkson was very impressive - played some nice stuff but I was more impressed with his physicality and aggression, won more than his fair share of challenges for a wee lad against those hammer thrower’s

Duk is just sensational. Boys a talent, gonna go on to much bigger and better things.

Thoroughly enjoyed that and Robson is certainly making a strong case for the job. No rush just now, I’d like to see how he goes until season end.

Keep this up AFC. If you do, even I might be tempted back…

Agree wi abody's comments re. fight, desire, mentality etc, but there was mair than that today, and in flashes recently.

Seems there are mair players makin themsels available, allowin the guy on the ball options. Ah saw some lovely 'mobile triangles' retainin possession and generally movin the baa in the right direction. Passin was better, movement better, winnin the baa in the opponents half and sparkin good moves out o' seemingly nithin.

Defenders maintainin good positions tae close doon opposition and buy time for fellow defenders tae organise.

Maybe it is as simple as some say ... ie. playin' guys in their best positions, but tae me, it's evident that strategies and contingencies have been worked on, and everybody kens and understands the script.... long may it continue and develop!
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 19-03-2023 at 12:55 AM.

That's it in a nutshell. Look at the "desire" he has instilled in them already

Extra bonus points to BR for choosing our two new centre Half's, playing our best players ( and loanees) in their best positions. And for instantly cutting out the bad wood ? He can spot a player,eh ?

No disrespect to NMN's statistics , but like Ebbe said ( beautifully) stats don't let you see, err, everything !!

Add in that Robson knows the club from top to bottom , and it makes sense on a continuity basis As we are meant to be building on it from kids/youths upwards ? It makes even more sense ? If the "new manager. Buzz" dropped off , I doubt Robson would behave like Goodwin. He'd be big enough to step down. ( Right back to his original job , to continue the club building ?)

It's a no brainer really. Written , of course in the afterglow of that "3rd best team in Scotland" drubbing.

In short , BR is not now the easiest option. For the sake of continuity , he's the best match.

COYR!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast