+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary's back! BBC back down. Hurrah!

Cool Gary's back! BBC back down. Hurrah!

Here is the statement from Tim Davie, director general of the BBC, in full:

“Everyone recognises this has been a difficult period for staff, contributors, presenters and, most importantly, our audiences. I apologise for this. The potential confusion caused by the grey areas of the BBC’s social media guidance that was introduced in 2020 is recognised. I want to get matters resolved and our sport content back on air.

“Impartiality is important to the BBC. It is also important to the public. The BBC has a commitment to impartiality in its Charter and a commitment to freedom of expression. That is a difficult balancing act to get right where people are subject to different contracts and on air positions, and with different audience and social media profiles.

“The BBC’s social media guidance is designed to help manage these sometimes difficult challenges and I am aware there is a need to ensure that the guidance is up to this task. It should be clear, proportionate, and appropriate.

“Accordingly, we are announcing a review led by an independent expert – reporting to the BBC – on its existing social media guidance, with a particular focus on how it applies to freelancers outside news and current affairs. The BBC and myself are aware that Gary is in favour of such a review.

“Shortly, the BBC will announce who will conduct that review. Whilst this work is undertaken, the BBC’s current social media guidance remains in place.

“Gary is a valued part of the BBC and I know how much the BBC means to Gary, and I look forward to him presenting our coverage this coming weekend.”

Can we get back to the footy now? We are just one major step away from Wembley.

And in the review there will be a clause that stops agency / self employed people like jug ears himself making comments like that again, wether he signs up to it is a different matter, could go to Sky he definitely likes the money and has no morals.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    And in the review there will be a clause that stops agency / self employed people like jug ears himself making comments like that again, wether he signs up to it is a different matter, could go to Sky he definitely likes the money and has no morals.
    I'd love to know the reason you obviously hate Lineker for army88, is it because he stands up for people less well off than him? Saying that Gary Lineker has no morals is not one of your finest arguments my mate.

Gary's back,yes ,he's back in jail the phookin ***** pervert. Needs his balls chopping off and ramming down his throat.

Took the Saudi money though didn’t he - morally you don’t think that was wrong when he obviously had so much to say against the regime -
    Like all the others along with him they all made a topic of it but none followed it through.
    Plus he’s biased as a pundit if you can call him that - not my cup of tea BT

What wonderful news! I have hung on his every tweet since he he first piped up about Brexit! What a guy! They say even his farts are perfumed. Can’t wait for him to resume duties. And first up for him is Manchester City v Burnley! Could not have been more opportune.

Perfumed farts. That image is going to take some shifting Sir Outwood.

I had no idea Lineker got up the noses of the Tories and their cronies so much...

Attachment 23759

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Gary's back,yes ,he's back in jail the phookin ***** pervert. Needs his balls chopping off and ramming down his throat.
    He's f*cked now Alfie, he will be doing his other 8 years with no hope for parole.

It's not often I celebrate people being incarcerated but in Glitter's case I will make an happy exception.

Attachment 23760

He's being a bit cheeky too!

He texted a photograph of himself standing next to the Orwell inscription outside the BBC headquarters.

It reads: “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)