+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stevenage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Well, you pay the money and so post what you want and like many blind fans ignore the reality of the dire straits this club is in where we seem to need THREE and more managers and players at less than National League Standard. Just to add that I was pleased we won against Salford but that was down to poor tactics by them. I feel sorry for the 150 fans that paid good money to watch the team perform at least to have ONE shot at goal in 96 mins. BTW Wrexham had almost 10,000 fans at their home game last week. Solution for us? Go down to the same league and start again...

Cannot the million pound a year academy tell the players they will be fined if they stay back in their own half? When you are 1-0 down, even our commentators said we can never score a goal if we stay back like we do....A million quid to say the flippin obvious! What is the BoD doing about this aspect of the game where we cannnot get the players up the pitch? Side by side, back and too...Obvious academy teaching!
    Of course it was poor tactics by Salford. I mean it really could not have been anything we did because we can't beat a convent school team unless they have a bad day. Jesus Christ I am so glad I don't live in your world!!

Have to say that like everyone else I found the Salford game one of the few exciting games we have witnessed at home this year. And wow the 3 points were a huge relief to me. Hopefully it will assure league2 status for us next season.

It was great that we scored 4 goals and got a late winner. But to say our team played a great game is basically not correct. Our poor defensive tactics lead to use conceding 3 poor goals. We are not in the face or close down on our opponents. We allow them to make runs unchallenged. We fail to stop attacking moves in the middle of the pitch which decide which team controls the game. TBH we are not even National league level.

Did not attend or view the Stevenage game, listened on RS and if it was an accurate commentary we were absolute rubbish. Even BBC text confirms that. Same unbelievably poor tactics. A completely one sided game.

I have thought long and hard about whether we should downgrade our Academy level 2. And to be truthful basic logic would agree completely with MikeSB. In the Premiership they have by far the majority of Academy players. The most talented boys and probably the cream of the Academy coaches. Even with the best facilities only about 5% of these very talented boys ever make the grade in the Premiership. Therefore there is a large number of boys who will be looking desperately for clubs. It makes more sense for us to recruit from that pool and sign them between 16-18. Financially it makes more sense if we downgrade to category3.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    I missed your post after Fridays 4 3 win over Salford perhaps you could re post it.
    Wow! That joke backfired spectacularly didn't it CR?

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Have to say that like everyone else I found the Salford game one of the few exciting games we have witnessed at home this year. And wow the 3 points were a huge relief to me. Hopefully it will assure league2 status for us next season.

It was great that we scored 4 goals and got a late winner. But to say our team played a great game is basically not correct. Our poor defensive tactics lead to use conceding 3 poor goals. We are not in the face or close down on our opponents. We allow them to make runs unchallenged. We fail to stop attacking moves in the middle of the pitch which decide which team controls the game. TBH we are not even National league level.

Did not attend or view the Stevenage game, listened on RS and if it was an accurate commentary we were absolute rubbish. Even BBC text confirms that. Same unbelievably poor tactics. A completely one sided game.

I have thought long and hard about whether we should downgrade our Academy level 2. And to be truthful basic logic would agree completely with MikeSB. In the Premiership they have by far the majority of Academy players. The most talented boys and probably the cream of the Academy coaches. Even with the best facilities only about 5% of these very talented boys ever make the grade in the Premiership. Therefore there is a large number of boys who will be looking desperately for clubs. It makes more sense for us to recruit from that pool and sign them between 16-18. Financially it makes more sense if we downgrade to category3.
    Hi mate, hope you are OK. Thanks for supporting my seemingly obvious view about our academy. I can only assume the fact they won't or haven't replied to my question about how much money does the academy cost the club is possibly it costs next to nothing and therefore is an embarrassment to the club having to play the graduates in the first team no matter how bad they are and our record suggests they are pretty bad actually but what else do we do with them having spent a million a year on them all? Or it costs the club a lot of money but the results are the same...ie dire!

As you said what IS the point of playing 5 year olds, 10 year olds or even 15 year olds when the PL could sign any of them for a very low fee IF they stood out? When there must be hundreds of 16-18's in academies or post academies now when we can see how good or bad they are and how physically they have developed etc. It makes no sense to any reasonable person unless millions can be got in doing so and in fairness that did work for a very short time 15 odd years ago but when was the last time we got that sort of money---a really long time ago in football terms. I suspect the FA/PL are paying most of the cost as the club would surely have ditched it by now but we are stuck with the graduates no matter how good or bad they are. I have offered a challenge to those who think downgrading the academy would affect the mostly local kids who would then go to Cat1/Cat2 in other clubs and they cannot name me one and so downgrading it would have no affect on the numbers but we could ditch all the pre 15's and most of the academy managers and coaches. Its just one of my annoyances that we have THREE first team managers who have had no experience in managing Professional football teams allowing them to manage CAFC...We have had some very good managers here but none in the past 20 odd years apart from Dario and even he failed at the end..

The Board needs to get to grips with it all and do something as what is the point in surviving in the bottom few in the bottom league when it could be changed? The regulars on here won't agree as most of them know very little about football and management but they are entitled to whatever view they want. ie the same as me!

We looked very toothless up front against Stevenage (to return to the subject of this thread). I'm not sure whether this was down to a lack of service or just very poor strikers. Agyie has managed double figures but the rest on Tuesday night have contributed little or nothing. Nevitt works his nuts off, but hasn't scored in 13 games now. Remind you of anyone else in our squad? CBR patently isn't fit yet or he would be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    We looked very toothless up front against Stevenage (to return to the subject of this thread). I'm not sure whether this was down to a lack of service or just very poor strikers. Agyie has managed double figures but the rest on Tuesday night have contributed little or nothing. Nevitt works his nuts off, but hasn't scored in 13 games now. Remind you of anyone else in our squad? CBR patently isn't fit yet or he would be starting.
    It is down to poor management and dreadful tactics. I feel it is unfair to blame the players.

😴. I'm away at the moment!
    I got it CR!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12