+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stevenage

Stevenage

Where do you start with this one? Providing we have no new injuries I would stick with the same team. Head or heart, I am going with the former and predict a 2-0 loss against a gritty streetwise team. I would love to see Steve Evans going mental for the wrong reasons but just can't see it happening. Prove me wrong boys and I'll be a happy man watching from home, and safe travels to all you supporters making the trip today.

Yep, stick with the same starting XI. Bench looking a lot healthier/stronger at the moment.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would love it if we could win this one ...

Me going for a 1-1 draw - "Nev" to score (please).

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Yep, stick with the same starting XI. Bench looking a lot healthier/stronger at the moment.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would love it if we could win this one ...

Me going for a 1-1 draw - "Nev" to score (please).

I have a very good feeling about tonight’s game and I’m going for a 1-2 win for Crewe Agyei and Nevitt

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I have a very good feeling about tonight’s game and I’m going for a 1-2 win for Crewe Agyei and Nevitt
    Is this the real Wartman or an imposter?

Team unchanged ...

Not one direct shot on their goal in 96 minutes and yet we spend a million pounds PER season on well you know what...We had THREE Alex managers on the touchline last night and they are very nice chaps but would it not be better if we had one manager and sacked all the other managers we have and spend the money on better players?
    What is the point if we being outplayed by almost every team now?

Look at our results over the last 20 years to see we are a failing club..Look at Wiki..

Maybe we will always be a second rate 4th division club? What then is the purpose of a Cat 2 academy here costing millions of pounds the FA are clearly putting in as we could not afford to do that but please Mr Chairman, we really do not need three first team managers on the touchline shouting at players and the officials and then loaning players in and out..Failing companies go out of business! Clearly we do not like sacking people but when it has to be done then that is what you are there for and not sitting there waiting for a miracle.

The club is clearly refusing to say what the costs of the academy are to the club. Maybe its nothing based on our results?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 15-03-2023 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Not one direct shot on their goal in 96 minutes and yet we spend a million pounds PER season on well you know what...We had THREE Alex managers on the touchline last night and they are very nice chaps but would it not be better if we had one manager and sacked all the other managers we have and spend the money on better players?
    What is the point if we being outplayed by almost every team now?

Look at our results over the last 20 years to see we are a failing club..Look at Wiki..

Maybe we will always be a second rate 4th division club? What then is the purpose of a Cat 2 academy here costing millions of pounds the FA are clearly putting in as we could not afford to do that but please Mr Chairman, we really do not need three first team managers on the touchline shouting at players and the officials and then loaning players in and out..Failing companies go out of business! Clearly we do not like sacking people but when it has to be done then that is what you are there for and not sitting there waiting for a miracle.

The club is clearly refusing to say what the costs of the academy are to the club. Maybe its nothing based on our results?
    I missed your post after Fridays 4 3 win over Salford perhaps you could re post it.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    I missed your post after Fridays 4 3 win over Salford perhaps you could re post it.
    I don't think there was one. After all, we put in a good performance and won the game in a thrilling finish to a very good game of football. So whgen it is good there is no need to say anything cos this is nothing more than a whinge board to some!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I don't think there was one. After all, we put in a good performance and won the game in a thrilling finish to a very good game of football. So whgen it is good there is no need to say anything cos this is nothing more than a whinge board to some!
    Well, you pay the money and so post what you want and like many blind fans ignore the reality of the dire straits this club is in where we seem to need THREE and more managers and players at less than National League Standard. Just to add that I was pleased we won against Salford but that was down to poor tactics by them. I feel sorry for the 150 fans that paid good money to watch the team perform at least to have ONE shot at goal in 96 mins. BTW Wrexham had almost 10,000 fans at their home game last week. Solution for us? Go down to the same league and start again...

Cannot the million pound a year academy tell the players they will be fined if they stay back in their own half? When you are 1-0 down, even our commentators said we can never score a goal if we stay back like we do....A million quid to say the flippin obvious! What is the BoD doing about this aspect of the game where we cannnot get the players up the pitch? Side by side, back and too...Obvious academy teaching!

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    I could tell you about our game we had against Crystal Palace in a league match...I was there at Palace that day....Mmmm, it was a pretty good result for us too..I wonder where they are now?? Now you want support for beating a new team that has just got into Professional Football? You know, like when we lost to Stockport and Barrow?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 15-03-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast