+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC and Yorkshire

Yes,like I said I wouldn't be bothered about series 2 if it came out

I wouldn't say it that was rubbish howoldboy because it wasn't but it was kinda unbelievable I suppose,the main character is in waaaay to deep to have a guilty conscience and go against her drug lord boss plus she looks to be doing very well out of the arrangement,Happy Valley was believable,I felt for Sarah Lancashires character and her grandson,the story was riveting and I didn't lose interest even when the kidnapped girl was saved

Hope you enjoy HV series 2 Chalky.

You know what Griffy I may well leave it,I don't want to face the possibility of disappointment after such a great first series,how many debut albums have you bought and loved only to be hugely disappointed by the follow up album?

Don’t you dare leave it, it’s magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Don’t you dare leave it, it’s magnificent.
    I will give it a go today but if I'm disappointed Griff there will be a strop that Frank would be proud of

Hugely disappointed Griff....

Not with Happy Valley but my hearing,I watched the first episode of the second series but struggled hearing what was being said because there wasn't any subtitles available,once again the opening five minutes had great dark humour describing when she had to put the sheep out of its misery and that Tommy's girlfriend looks a proper piece of work

It would spoil the enjoyment of watching without subtitles so I'm shelving the other five series just for now but I will go back to it

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Hugely disappointed Griff....

Not with Happy Valley but my hearing,I watched the first episode of the second series but struggled hearing what was being said because there wasn't any subtitles available,once again the opening five minutes had great dark humour describing when she had to put the sheep out of its misery and that Tommy's girlfriend looks a proper piece of work

It would spoil the enjoyment of watching without subtitles so I'm shelving the other five series just for now but I will go back to it
    Checked on iPlayer this morning Chalky and the second series definitely has subtitles.

Did you download it or watch directly on iPlayer.

Sometimes when you download programmes from iPlayer the subtitles don't download (no idea why) but they do work if you watch directly.

You are absolutely right howoldboy,the second series automatically downloaded when I finished the first and didn't have subtitles but I went back on to iPlayer and started series two from there and there's a subtitle option 😎

Happy Valley is back on ,cheers mate 👍

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Hope you enjoy HV series 2 Chalky.
    Thanks to howoldboys help I watched all of series 2 today and again loved it,I will give it a 9/10 though as it didn't want me to get out of my chair,push Sarah Lancashire aside and put the boot into Tommy which the first series did

The third series,will it be that third difficult album after the success of the debut and follow up?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)