+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC and Yorkshire

It’s great and it finishes the story so you MUST watch it.

I did enjoy the final series but I thought that it could have ended better with Tommy,the chemists story ending was almost as an afterthought but it was still worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I did enjoy the final series but I thought that it could have ended better with Tommy,the chemists story ending was almost as an afterthought but it was still worth watching
    I agree Chalky. My biggest crticism of the last series was that too many storylines and characters weren't fully developed. Consequently it was a bit difficult to get an emotional connection with some of the characters.

It was as if the producers intended to develop these characters but ran out of time and decided to concentrate their efforts on the final showdown between "Tommy" and Sarah Lancashire.

As a result some storylines became footnotes and were glossed over a bit.

For me the best actress in the show was Siobhan Finneran (started out in the film Rita, Sue and Bob Too) who played Clare Cartwright.

Hope that's not too controversial a view!

Your view on the characters being not fully developed is spot on in the story of the third series is spot on,it just seemed a bit half hearted and rushed especially with the chemists end story,his predicament was a good one but it's almost as if the scriptwriters had forgotten him and just tagged on the end that he lived 100 yards of teacher

All the actors and acting was brilliant,the only one that I couldn't get comfortable with the actor who played Sarah Lancashire's son and that's only because I recognised him from Emmerdale years back when I was married and had to go through the ordeal of watching that and Coronation Street every night of every week
    Siobhan Finneran was superb in it and Rita,Sue and Bob to is an 80's classic that still makes me laugh whenever it's repeated,when Sarah Lancashire was b0llocking her grandkid about shouting "Have you had your oats this morning sir) to his teacher she laughed in the background then immediately stopped when SL stared at her,it was scripted but brilliant no the less and let's not forget that Bob was there as well

Still well worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet

Bloody hell Chalky.

I didn't realise that was him playing Nevison Gallagher.

At one point in the 3rd series he had apparently asked Sarah Lancashire out for a drink.. but that potential sub-plot died a death as well.

Yeah that's right howoldboy,she agreed to a drink with him and then that storyline just ended,I had forgotten about that,good point

Anything northern always gets described as being 'gritty'.

Bit out of order really as nothing from the south of Watford doesn't rightly get labelled as being 'soft'.

Many of these mill towns and the likes are mainly as they were so they must be a dream for film makers.

A girlfriend once told me that she was in one of these productions, they were looking for locals who would be happy to be an 'extra' and it was a period thing, a proper film staring Warlock himself Julian Sands, she had to dress up in this old frilly clobber and was heavily pregnant at the time (nothing to do with me) so the director thought that she was perfect for a part. It was filmed at the old Penguin's sweet factory, there was an accident in the story where some bloke had been badly injured or killed and when the news broke out she and other concerned folk were seen rushing to the factory.

Her story had a bad ending as the film sort of had production problems and her footage ended up in some European soft po rn movie she claimed to me. She deserved it actually as when we split up she lied and told anyone who would listen to her that it hurt when she was taking a pi ss and that the the doctor had confirmed that she had an STD, and that I had given it to her. Now this obviously looked really bad on my behalf as nobody would obviously make up that they had the clap, she then had egg on her face as my new girlfriend happily claimed that I didn't have no STD. Same lass once told me to come quick and see these birds outside the old Burger King, she claimed that they were a load of baby magpies when in fact there were around ten Pied Wagtails pecking around on the concrete like they do. She has been known to me and many others as 'Baby Magpie' from that moment ever since, much to her chagrin.

How come her part ended up in European p0rn film,what exactly was her roll in the original production?

Did she genuinely think that the Wagtails was baby Magpies?

Fair play to you for going out with her if she was pregnant with somebody else's baby,do you still see her around?

Aye up Chalky.

Her role was a 'concerned local' I guess, you know what it's like, once they film something and it falls through they can use the footage for something else - something like 'Confessions Of A Period Drama' where women in prissy dresses get pumped by castle maintenance men or lute players who say 'cor blimey' a lot.

Although she was the sort who would frequently tell you that there would be 'consequences' if you left her I actually went out with her twice and she was pregnant in the years between - why on earth would you go out with her for a second time knowing what you know you may ask? Well I was really low and vulnerable and she used me for s ex, although nobody is bothered if you are male and they will give you no sympathy when a girl takes what they want at a time when you are weak, it isn't like she spat me out though she wanted more of it and it put me in the position of having to escape - again.

And yes, it is one of the funniest things that I have seen and it even makes me smile to this very day about the pied wagtails, her concept of birds actually growing up just like humans is fantastically childlike.

And yes still see her around as if I come out of my house, turn left and keep going for five minutes and the first thing that you would hit would be her house, although I am under strict orders to keep away from that 'loony bi tch'.
    Last edited by crushalime; 09-04-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Great story Crusha, and well done for getting “chagrin” in.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)