+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BBC and Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post

That old bloke walking about on the balcony shouting things was class.

I watched Rita,Sue and Bob too again last night and he looks like Danny O'Dear to me who spent years in Last of the Summer Wine

I can practically quote that film from start to finish and it was still great to watch even after the ump****th time and I still burst out laughing at "Fat F­ucking Maureen" in the nightclub..

We're having a gangbang, we're having a ball!

Fat F­ucking MAVIS,why did I put Maureen?

I watched a film called My Neighbour Adolf last night which I quite liked,a lot of subtitles but an interesting watch,anyone else seen it?

Not seen that one pal, will look it up.

However great they may be artistically etc but a lot those Film 4 films, mainly the 'kitchen sink melodrama' type tend to put me on a downer, especially if I watch them before bed - the films normally depict the sad life of some poor sod whose existence usually deteriorates during the film to an ending which is seldom anything but happy.

Withnail & I is the best film I have ever seen, I recommend it should be viewed at least once a month if just to lift the mood - a rare case of a film that gets better the more that you watch it, I tend to laugh at different bits every time I see it.

The famous 'we've come on holiday by mistake' line is just one of the few gems in a fantastic script.

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post

However great they may be artistically etc but a lot those Film 4 films, mainly the 'kitchen sink melodrama' type tend to put me on a downer, especially if I watch them before bed - the films normally depict the sad life of some poor sod whose existence usually deteriorates during the film to an ending which is seldom anything but happy.

Withnail & I is the best film I have ever seen, I recommend it should be viewed ar least once a month
    The film does seem a little glum to start with because a holocaust surviver suspects that Adolf Hitler has moved in next door to him many years after the war in Argentina,not as silly as it sounds abd there's no sad ending without spoiling the end,it's on Sky Cinema

For some reason I could never get on with Withnail and I yet I know that it's a good film because it's been recommended several times before

Withnail and I and The Wicker Man,didn't like either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I watched a film called My Neighbour Adolf last night which I quite liked,a lot of subtitles but an interesting watch,anyone else seen it?
    You need to get out more or find Battlestar Galactica or Babylon 5… 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Withnail and I and The Wicker Man,didn't like either.
    Yeah me to Pete,Wicker Man I didn't like either

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    You need to get out more or find Battlestar Galactica or Babylon 5… 🤔
    The only sci - fi worth watching is Red Dwarf smeghead

For me, Withnail & I is just a gift that keeps giving.

Had a discussion with my pal recently and he had seen some feature about how people who don't like The Goodfellas film are wrong, I don't like the film and he wanted to explain to me how I am wrong for not liking it?!?

Thing is that I don't find the core subject of Mafia based films interesting at all, Goodfellas isn't the worst offender but The Godfather films, The Sopranos and the likes I find as dull as ditchwater, they are usually impeccably acted, De Niro's acting for instance in Goodfellas is amazing - thing is though if you have seen one film where 'family', 'honour' and 'respect' are constantly drilled into the viewer then you have seen them all, they like to tell you more than once in hour long speeches sometimes about the 'traditions' and respecting those who are no longer with us, it is almost like they are on the verge of cracking open the complete set of photo albums to cry and laugh over as you look on bored to tears.

Then there is mama, mama make a da best ****ing spaghetti in town where they come from miles around to eat it is so good.

Add a sprinkle of well over the top violence scenes, be it clashes with other families or avenging someone who dared to question their honour with a horse head in their bed and there you have the whole genre basically in a nutshell.

If this is your bag then go for it but not for me
    Last edited by crushalime; 03-05-2023 at 04:57 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)