+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: BBC and Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post
    Had a discussion with my pal recently and he had seen some feature about how people who don't like The Goodfellas film are wrong, I don't like the film and he wanted to explain to me how I am wrong for not liking it?!?
    It's a total waste of time trying to explain why a film is great if they don't like that genre of film,we are all different and like different things,I've spent years teaching BDB how great the Barenaked Ladies are and it goes straight over his head and he comes back with some 70's stoneage heavy metal song from Kiss or Saxon that is "better"

I love the mafia films myself and seen all of them several times over but I agree that they are all very much alike in script with The Godfather and Scarface being my personal favorites,other films that I've seen more than a dozen times are Shawshank Redemption ,The Good,The Bad and The Ugly,The Blues Brothers and O Brither Where Art Though even though I can't normally stand George Clooney,the music is fabulous in that film

I’ve seen all those films once Chalky apart from OBWAT which is a personal favourite and I’ve watched about five times. Some great quotes and I agree about the music. And those ladies washing clothes in the river. Hubba.

Ahhh yeah,the sirens,lovely ladies 😍

More the BBC and Belfast (rather than Yorkshire) but just finished watching Blue Lights.

Excellent drama series available on BBC iPlayer.

Highly recommended.

The 5 star review below is after Episode 1.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...lfast-cop-show

Blue lights was fantastic.

Watched 5 episodes of Colin from accounts on the flight over here,quite funny and looking forward to the next 3 on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Watched 5 episodes of Colin from accounts on the flight over here,quite funny and looking forward to the next 3 on monday.
    Thanks for the recommendation Pete.

Just finished last episode tonight.

Really enjoyed it. It is often a struggle to find good comedies nowadays.

Anyone watched or plan to watch Shane Meadows The Gallows Pole yet?
    It's set in Hebden Bridge and tell the true story of the rise of David Hartley and the Cragg Vale Coiners
    I quite like Shane Meadows stuff and not only because supports Notts,Dead Mans Shoes is probably in my top 5 of all time favorite film lines

Can I help you mate?

Sorry?

What you f­ucking looking at?

You ya c­unt!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Anyone watched or plan to watch Shane Meadows The Gallows Pole yet?
    It's set in Hebden Bridge and tell the true story of the rise of David Hartley and the Cragg Vale Coiners
    I quite like Shane Meadows stuff and not only because supports Notts,Dead Mans Shoes is probably in my top 5 of all time favorite film lines

Can I help you mate?

Sorry?

What you f*ucking looking at?

You ya c*unt!
    Thanks Chalky.

I hadn't spotted that and having read the review it sounds like it's not to be missed.

Will download later today.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...olute-must-see

I don't think I've seen Dead Mans Shoes or The Virtues either so I will try to track them down as well.

I watched the first episode and quite enjoyed it,found it strange when he called his brother "bro" as it seemed out of place for the era it was set in.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)