+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champions League

5th or 6th we haven't quite got the consistancy of a top 4 team yet (but it should come) where would we be if we had beaten west ham , bournemouth and leeds instead of drawing ?

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    5th or 6th we haven't quite got the consistancy of a top 4 team yet (but it should come) where would we be if we had beaten west ham , bournemouth and leeds instead of drawing ?
    Ooh ooh, I know the answer to this; 3rd on goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    Ooh ooh, I know the answer to this; 3rd on goal difference.

hickups on the ladder of success

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    We proved we have the ability to finish top 4 by sitting in the top 4 for most of the season. Currently we are experiencing a blip in that form. 2022 was our level with this group of players. That wasn't a fluke. This is a bad patch so yes we do have the consistency to finish top 4 & more over who are the teams that are gonna finish above us?

Liverpool - The stats and form have been hilarious this season, they fell off a cliff halfway through the back end of last season. So they've strung a few games together recently but that's to be expected with £250m front line and a £250 defence. However despite losing to them twice this season they are not a better side than us this term. Moreover they are still in other competitions we have a sole focus.

Spurs - Seriously telling me that these mob who are in absolute crisis have the 'togetherness' to keep it together for the rest of the season? Team sports at the elite level don't work like that. With the Conte melt down continuing they are there for the taking. We must beat them at SJP and that will cement our position in the top 4.

We are so used to being losers as a fan base, optimistic losers all be it but the fact is we have to change that mindset and narrative or we will remain perennial also rans, the Cup final Runners up.

In my life I've tried and failed more times that I can remember, every time getting back up off the canvas, staring life in the eye and saying 'is that all you got?' After taking a hiding I came back stronger with a more tempered attitude that I would succeed.

Each one of you has to get into that mindset or what's the point of us being taken over? We might as well be Mackems FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    We proved we have the ability to finish top 4 by sitting in the top 4 for most of the season. Currently we are experiencing a blip in that form. 2022 was our level with this group of players. That wasn't a fluke. This is a bad patch so yes we do have the consistency to finish top 4 & more over who are the teams that are gonna finish above us?

Liverpool - The stats and form have been hilarious this season, they fell off a cliff halfway through the back end of last season. So they've strung a few games together recently but that's to be expected with £250m front line and a £250 defence. However despite losing to them twice this season they are not a better side than us this term. Moreover they are still in other competitions we have a sole focus.

Spurs - Seriously telling me that these mob who are in absolute crisis have the 'togetherness' to keep it together for the rest of the season? Team sports at the elite level don't work like that. With the Conte melt down continuing they are there for the taking. We must beat them at SJP and that will cement our position in the top 4.

We are so used to being losers as a fan base, optimistic losers all be it but the fact is we have to change that mindset and narrative or we will remain perennial also rans, the Cup final Runners up.

In my life I've tried and failed more times that I can remember, every time getting back up off the canvas, staring life in the eye and saying 'is that all you got?' After taking a hiding I came back stronger with a more tempered attitude that I would succeed.

Each one of you has to get into that mindset or what's the point of us being taken over? We might as well be Mackems FFS!
    You have that spot on Ragatino. Edison was reputed to have tried hundreds of times to produce the incandecsant light bulb and when asked about his failures replied "I haven't had any, I have just found hundreds of ways not to do it" You learn something better from every setback.

No matter how many setbacks you have, you only need to get the big winning way once and then that soon pays for the cost of the previous attempts, and it's the same with this club. Keep on doing it the right way and it will come right in the end.

Which ever way you hold a bottle of milk, the cream always rises to the top.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)