+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticking thru march

Ticking thru march

No planning permission applied for, no further communication.

See thon farmer got planning permission for new crem behind ballumbie.

Still lassies under 8s doing well.....regular updates on that.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No planning permission applied for, no further communication.

See thon farmer got planning permission for new crem behind ballumbie.

Still lassies under 8s doing well.....regular updates on that.��
    iwas looking forthat info last week cani see dundee needing 3 cremi's, dead duck in water i imagine

Maybe now that the Tayport media team's coming on board we'll get junior level comms rather than the amateur level we're used to?

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    iwas looking forthat info last week cani see dundee needing 3 cremi's, dead duck in water i imagine
    And a Lang way for a "funeral tea".

You wud think 2 wud be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Maybe now that the Tayport media team's coming on board we'll get junior level comms rather than the amateur level we're used to?
    Thing is I don't do any of the stuff they use, twitter an that......so makes little difference to me.

The pars man who wanted noon Kos was gonna revolutionise Dee TV ( seems to be massively important to non attendees) but that lasted about a fortnight so these guys might no be here for long either.

Stephen Wright must have staying power.....4 years......fairly impressive for DFC

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    A new crematorium opened at Brewsterwells close to St Andrews in June 2022.
    Plus there is the large Roman Catholic population who mostly get buried instead of being cremated.
    I cannot see many Dabs and their relatives being being cremated at the new crematorium at Campy Nou.
    Therefore in my opinion there is no need for another crematorium in Dundee especially situated very close to a dual carriageway.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Plus there is the large Roman Catholic population who mostly get buried instead of being cremated.
    I cannot see many Dabs and their relatives being being cremated at the new crematorium at Campy Nou.
    Therefore in my opinion there is no need for another crematorium in Dundee especially situated very close to a dual carriageway.
    Of course there is.

People are dying to get in there.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I'd have thought that situated very close to a main arterial route would be ideal for a crematorium. Whilst I believe it will never happen as part of this fantasy 'new stadium' the location proposed by DBH is, in my opinion, significantly better than either Ballumbie or St Andrews.

For anyone losing someone in Dundee St Andrews is not where they want to have to travel to for a funeral and Ballumbie is also too remote. Both would be difficult to access by public transport and both would require a decent journey to get to anywhere suitable for a funeral tea.

I'd have thought that situated very close to a main arterial route would be ideal for a crematorium. Whilst I believe it will never happen as part of this fantasy 'new stadium' the location proposed by DBH is, in my opinion, significantly better than either Ballumbie or St Andrews.

For anyone losing someone in Dundee St Andrews is not where they want to have to travel to for a funeral and Ballumbie is also too remote. Both would be difficult to access by public transport and both would require a decent journey to get to anywhere suitable for a funeral tea.
    Crematoriums are normally situated in quite areas not next to a dual carriageway which is the main road from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Aberdeen.
    Dundee Crematorium was out in country and surrounded by farms when it was built.
    Last week I was at a funeral at Perth Crematorium which is situated in a quiet spot surrounded by trees.
    In my opinion the Campy Nou site would be more suitable for only a Crematorium which would be situated in the top corner next to Camperdown park.
    However the Campy Nou site would be ideal for a ‘state of the art’ football training centre similar to Murray Park or Cormack Park in Aberdeen.
    In an indoor training centre similar to the one at Caird Park could be constructed on the site which DBPH could rent out when it was not required by Dundee FC players.

Forbes of Kingennie which is situated fairly close to the new Crematorium behind Ballumbie advertise funeral teas.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)