+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Gary Linekar & Ian Wright

O/T Gary Linekar & Ian Wright

Respect other peoples opinions.

For me BBC, ITV or Sky or other companies can do without both of them.

Linekar saying he is not worried about any BBC possible action taken against him just smacks of some arrogant individual who has no finance worries and thinks he can say what he wants. 2 marriages and says he is happy to be single. He is on the road to be coming quite a lonely person in his old age.

Wright, sorry for me same again last few years just become so full of himself.

BBC, SKY and ITV all better without them, give their roles to some others who still need to work for the correct reasons, not their egoistic selves.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Shearer now standing down - again my view no difference to him as I have said above to Linekar or Wright.

Enjoy your early retirement.

Stick to what you know , politics and sport doesn't go together .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Respect other peoples opinions.

For me BBC, ITV or Sky or other companies can do without both of them.

Linekar saying he is not worried about any BBC possible action taken against him just smacks of some arrogant individual who has no finance worries and thinks he can say what he wants. 2 marriages and says he is happy to be single. He is on the road to be coming quite a lonely person in his old age.

Wright, sorry for me same again last few years just become so full of himself.

BBC, SKY and ITV all better without them, give their roles to some others who still need to work for the correct reasons, not their egoistic selves.

Unbelievable Jeff.
    Well said Chop. No big loss. BBC have the opportunity to save some money by getting some big salaries off the books.

They’re just mouthpieces to fill in between the match highlights and providing they keep to football matters I’ve no problem.
    I also believe they should be able to say what they want on social media, within reason.
    Lineker is vastly overpaid for what he does but I don’t think he should lose his job over something he’s posted on twitter, even if I think he’s overstepped the mark on this one. If he’d made the same remark on MOTD then fair enough but nobody’s personal views should be berated over something outside his day job.

But it isn’t about whether yer like them as football pundits or not - is it ?

We keep being told by the likes of The Mail, GB News and Talk TV that the BBC is now riddled with leftists.
    This Lineker incident shows that this is definitely not the case.
    Clearly the old school tie has still got a firm grip on the controls at the Beeb.

Tories haven’t just stopped at Lineker.
    On Twitter now - the new David Attenborough series - an episode from that series has been ditched after pressure on the BBC from the Tories.

This is what all the fuss is about.
    It’s nothing to do with whether Lineker is good at his job or not.

It appears he's signed a contract to earn mega books which also contains an impartiality clause. This is not the first time he's opened his trap to make impartial comments. He should have been aware of his commitments.

Linekar as a footballer you have to respect. However, I've never really liked him on television. He's got a smarmy way and arrogance about him in my opinion which I don't like. Whatever happens regarding his job, he's had more than a good run at it. His ridiculously large salary could free up the funds that pay for some decent television on BBC and justify the rather excessive fee we pay for a TV licence

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    It appears he's signed a contract to earn mega books which also contains an impartiality clause. This is not the first time he's opened his trap to make impartial comments. He should have been aware of his commitments.
    Correct Arby , the question of whether you agree with his comments or not isn't the point .

The point is he signed a contract worth £1.5m pa with the BBC not to make these kind of comments .

Personally I believe his comments are spot on if you read exactly what he said rather than the taking out of context comments attributed by the government through the right wing media .

Should Lineker have made them ?

No , he's contractually obliged not to .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast