+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumble...

Bumble...

I've just been looking at the British Wildlife Photography Awards winners which have some great photos,have you ever put in a photograph to be judged because that Les Dawson red squirrel photo you took was as good as any on there especially in the Comedy Wildlife Awards section

To be honest, I'm not a great fan of competitions, they often bring out the worst in people and the wildlife becomes less important than the photograph. At the moment there are still flocks of waxwings around (they come from Europe in winter) looking for berries. when they find a tree they tend to come in mob handed, closely followed by a load of photographers who, in some cases hang around in folks gardens all day looking for the killer shot.

I do really enjoy taking photos of wildlife, but some of the competition pics I see wind me up, those lovely pics of a mouse eating an apple. Totally phony, the mice are in a glass cage. You can tell by the angle because if it was in the wild, the photo would be taken looking down on the mouse, the pics you see in competitions you see the mouse is at eye level on the mossy ground, yeah right, not a lucky shot and not wildlife.

I have canvasses all around the house, puffins over the fireplace (I love puffins), woodpeckers, squirrels of course, and loads of others but strictly for my own amusement.

I'm absolutely gutted,they are fake photos of captive animals? That's a proper bombshell and the photos have lost all of their charm,it's equivalent to Stefan providing unequivocal proof that there's no God,you've blown me away by that revaluation

Have you ever seen puffins in the wild (please,please say no&#129310 and did you watch Wild Isles last Sunday with Sir Attenborough?

Some have also been taken by camera traps with no photographer present Chalky, and in animal parks, not the wild.

But the awards are called the British WILDLIFE Awards?

It can't be right surely?

Name:  B92A4922.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  85.3 KB

Err, so sorry but yes I have, I have been to the Farne Islands a fair few times.

For a program that features puffins try "Scotland: Escape to the Wilderness" it's a series of four programs with Hamza Yassin, I think it's still on the chanel4 equivalent of Iplayer. The first of the series is with Martin Clunes who wanted to see puffins
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    But the awards are called the British WILDLIFE Awards?

It can't be right surely?
    It’s wildlife, but is it photography?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Name:  B92A4922.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  85.3 KB

Err, so sorry but yes I have, I have been to the Farne Islands a fair few times.
    I'm very jealous bumble, honestly I really am...

That photo ^^^^^ it's not one of yours is it? 🤞

I would say it's photography, there is a lot of knowledge needed to get the lighting spot on, particularly if you are shooting through glass. Another way of doing it is not using glass keeping the animal hungry and then offering an apple or another choice bit of food, so they naturally aim for it. Or keep them as pets. Of course, you must have a license before keeping them at all, it's illegal not to but unfortunately, that doesn't stop some people. A bit ironic really.

Both my pics, neither very sharp. It was that journey that persuaded me to change my lens!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)