+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rotherham/ Crystal Palace/ ultras

Rotherham/ Crystal Palace/ ultras

Yes we were disma last night but the fans were abject. We actually played ok for first 15 minutes and yet there was nothing from the fans.

I wonder if it is something to do with the character of Rotherham folk? My American friend who travels a lot said the feeling of depression in the town is palpable. He says we are negative and have low expectations. I certainly fit that description.

Just wondering if NYS would benefit from a more choreographed approach to getting behind the team?

It can be done. Crystal Palace ground, many years ago was a pit of depression but it is now one of the best atmospheres in the Prem, though it has been a bit muted of late. I realise that atmosphere is affected by results but surely we can do more?

I think a section in the West Stand or East Stand should be reserved for ultra-style supporters. In Ireland for example even clubs with a small fan base have created a colourful and vibrant atmosphere with flags, flares and choreographed displays.

It just seems a shame that this great stadium is filled with depressed people like myself moaning and groaning.

I reckon we should start something up in the summer and encourage the young uns to give the atmosphere some oomph.

How about stop moaning?