+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Wycombe Wanderers v Barnsley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Romared Match Thoughts Wycombe Wanderers v Barnsley

I've started this thread earlier than usual and probably will do for the rest of the season .

Every game from now till the end of the season is crucial and there is going to be a lot to get through on the match thread and it's likely to go off on tangents at times .

Another tough game against a side if they beat us will move to within three points of ourselves .

I think we all know what's coming our way at Adams Park against this lot , no criticism from me by the way because you get the results any which way you can in my opinion .

If the game gets turned in to a fight which is more than likely then we need to meet it head on , we aren't exactly angels ourselves with the shytehousery and our physicality but at the same time we can't afford any red cards in such a tough encounter .

Going to be a full blooded encounter is this and not for the faint hearted , the ball is going to lumped in behind our high defensive line and we need to be wary at corner kicks and free kicks coming in from the wide areas .

If we can get out of there with three points in the bag I'll be absolutely ecstatic .

Let’s be honest If there is a red card for us it’s Norwood or Kitching getting it! If either of em see yellow they need subbing immediately.
    Hopefully Norwood gets right under their skin and one of them sees red.

What about Connell as well? He’s a candidate for me,

Remember we lost there in the Stendel (promotion) season, but they weren't a strong Lg One team at the time, so it was more disappointing then.
    The difference now is that I'd take a Bristol type 0-0 draw now, if I could.
    To be honest though, I wouldn't cross the road to watch that sort of garbage, and they only get away with it when the ref is weak. 👎

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    To be honest though, I wouldn't cross the road to watch that sort of garbage, and they only get away with it when the ref is weak. ��
    You were wetting yourself when Ismael served it up for a whole season Acido. Fans will watch owt as long as their team is winning.

Saturday afternoon will be in the departure lounge me.
    With a decent connection I may well pick up a few bits of the first full game I’ll miss.
    Can’t really predict on this one so fingers crossed !

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Saturday afternoon will be in the departure lounge me.
    With a decent connection I may well pick up a few bits of the first full game I’ll miss.
    Can’t really predict on this one so fingers crossed !
    Copy that Poggy, for me on a flight Saturday mid day to Jakarta via Hong Kong so will not know the result until I arrive in HK which will be around 11pm UK time.

Good Luck Lads - 3 points please.

Anybody else thinking Duff may make some tactical changes for this game whilst also having an eye on next Tuesday night .

My thinking is that we aren't going to be pressing Wycombe's defence given the ball is almost certainly going to be launched the vast majority of the time .

Start Tedic and Watters may be ?

What about some physicality in that midfield and stick Russell in there to match Wycombe ?

I'm also thinking changing our line-up might just throw Wycombe a little because I don't think they'll be expecting it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Anybody else thinking Duff may make some tactical changes for this game whilst also having an eye on next Tuesday night .

My thinking is that we aren't going to be pressing Wycombe's defence given the ball is almost certainly going to be launched the vast majority of the time .

Start Tedic and Watters may be ?

What about some physicality in that midfield and stick Russell in there to match Wycombe ?

I'm also thinking changing our line-up might just throw Wycombe a little because I don't think they'll be expecting it .
    I think that after 26 points from 30 he will stick to the tried & trusted & if everyone is fit he will start with the same eleven although I am slightly concerned that he might bring Collins back , myself I would stick with Isted , he has been outstanding but more to the point the defence has looked in my opinion a more solid unit but I trust Duff to make the right calls , we shall see .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Copy that Poggy, for me on a flight Saturday mid day to Jakarta via Hong Kong so will not know the result until I arrive in HK which will be around 11pm UK time.

Good Luck Lads - 3 points please.
    Safe trips to your good self and Poggy .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast