Anyone hearing the result on Saturday would have thought we had taken a real hammering, but in my view that was not the case. We at times played some of the best football I have seen at Molineux this season. We had 66% possession and eight shots on target. The visitors had four goal attempts but I feel I should not count the last one. I don't recall Sa making a save, and that is not a criticism.

However as Plater says at times out defence was a shambles. Heavy rain made the playing surface like an ice rink and players from both sides were slipping over. Dawsons miss timed challenge was in fact caused by the Leeds player slipping over and slicing the ball away. Normally there would have been a fifty fifty impact.

We had a goal disallowed early in the second half by VAR once again, but no mention of it on Match of the Day. The introduction of Adama started to put Leeds under pressure and their young French keeper, Meslier, performed miracles in their goal, although he will not want to see a re run of the goal that Jonny scored. We were putting the Yorkshire side under intense pressure and the crown noise was cranked up.
Then came the red card for our goal scorer, No complaints about this one but where was VAR in the first half when we should have been awarded a penalty.

At this point it was clear that Gomes was knackered, although he had had a decent game doing the simple things well. Neves as usual was everywhere and it was no surprise to see him taken off, remember he is one yellow away from a two game ban. Limina is proving to be a very astute purchase and has fitted in well, while Neto is still a long way from match fitness.

As Plater has said some of the officiating at the moment is beyond the pail. Go back to the Lemina sending off at Southampton. How many times since have we seen players crowding around the referee. Arsenal and Man United some of the worst culprits. You can understand why so many fans are up in arms about our run of poor officiating, Apologises from Mr Webb are all fine but isn't going to help if we are relegated in May. A drop to the Championship will cost the club millions and many personnel will loose their income. We as fans, who pay good money to support our team are being cheated by what? Corruption or incompetence.

The players themselves must feel deflated when they see what is happening. To me VAR has completely ruined the game, it has taken the euphoria away from scoring a goal because supporters are waiting for the inevitable.

I personally don't think we will go down, with ten games to go I feel that three more wins will be enough this season Unlike previous seasons no team has been cut away and many of the bottom nine sides have to play one another so they can not win them all.

My son in law, a Stoke fan, made an interesting point yesterday. He was with a group of Clay Heads having a drink after the Norwich game on Saturday and our run of strange decisions was being discussed. One chap said he thought it was because we are the only Premiership side owned by China, and the powers to be don't like it. Very Interesting.