+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England Euro 2024 Qualifiers Senior Squad

England Euro 2024 Qualifiers Senior Squad

to be announced at 2pm. I really couldn’t care less who Southgate does or does not select. I want to know what the line ups will be for the Etihad on Saturday. I hope Benson is not going to miss out again having only just returned from injury. There will be nearly 8,000 nervous and expectant Clarets fans in the stadium and many more watching on TV. It would be stunning if we got to the FA Cup Semi Finals. COYC!

I see the BBC coverage of the Manchester City v Burnley match will be Lineker, Shearer and Richards. Not much love (Shearer excepted) from past utterances for Burnley in that trio. Let’s hope we serve up a dish with a few surprises for our celebrity chefs!
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 16-03-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Benson got clattered again last night and Bellamy was not at all f*cking happy!

United are trying to give Maguire away but knobhead picks him to take on Italy.

Toney is on the brink of a long suspension for alleged betting offences - he picks him.

Time to go!

Southgate is unbelievable. He has options like Tarks and Mee, to name two, and still goes with Maguire. He should be kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Southgate is unbelievable. He has options like Tarks and Mee, to name two, and still goes with Maguire. He should be kicked out.
    We have been saying this on here since Elvis was a lad but it makes not a blind bit of difference S_c.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have been saying this on here since Elvis was a lad but it makes not a blind bit of difference S_c.
    Time and time again the TV pundits and papers go on about Southgate getting all the big calls right. Maybe I need new glasses. I do actually need new glasses but that is beside the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I honestly don’t think neither are any where near international level.

Neither of them are quick enough. Mee is no where near good enough on the ball. Both brilliant in a long ball Burnley team but both definitely not international pedigree, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    I honestly don’t think neither are any where near international level.

Neither of them are quick enough. Mee is no where near good enough on the ball. Both brilliant in a long ball Burnley team but both definitely not international pedigree, imo
    I think really the point is was UG what he’s taking isn’t good enough so why should they miss out , they’re both playing in the top league with good stats weekly but will never get considered , old captain beaky should have departed after the last tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think really the point is was UG what he’s taking isn’t good enough so why should they miss out , they’re both playing in the top league with good stats weekly but will never get considered , old captain beaky should have departed after the last tournament.
    Ah ok I misunderstood. The word stats though again. I am sure you would be the same in picking a team based on what your eyes tell you from live games, training etc.

He is consistent with his methodology in selection, he will live or die by it. I am fine with that personally. I would sooner do things from my own judgement being in his position too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)