+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarets v City - Quarter-Finals FA Cup - Match Preview.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is something I posted on another forum, under another name, 15 years ago.

"I was at the game and the Waldron goal that won it came from one of the best worked free-kicks you'll ever see. It absolutely ripped the City defence apart and I'm sure it would be succesful if it was tried again now, at least for a couple of games before the TV pundits got hold of it and analysed it. Then it probably wouldn't work for another 30 years."

So it was the free-kick routine. It was a very clever routine, but the sort of thing every team does these days, Innovative in it's time though.
    Did you used to post as U_G mon ami?

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Prediction. Mahrez will completly boss Maatsen and either Foden or Grealish will own the other side. Roberts and Maatsen will keep drifting into midfield leaving massive gaps behind them for the crosses to come flooding in to either Haaland or Alvarez.
    VK is not daft C_M, he might go with 3 at the back and let Maatsen and Roberts block the wings and then attack at will. UTC#

Or Muric.
    Or BPF?

Or Muric.
    Think I've jumped the gun there, Aro won't be playing.

this went on the wrong thread...here we are again.

Team news.

Barnes and Muric non starters, as is Ekdal, who isn't on the bench even.

For 32 mins I thought we looked more likely to score, then Haaland .. But it took a long ball.

holding on the the ball too long, be more direct, enough of the backtracking.

Barnes and Cork on - Guds and Foster off.

and bring on Benson.

leave their current no1 goalscorer unmarked - and he scores, sshould we be surprised ?

need to change this - add a threat

Well it was a respectable first half then normal service was resumed.

the heavy rain and slippy pitch has given this to City !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)