+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Clarets v City - Quarter-Finals FA Cup - Match Preview.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This might sound totally daft Norder but Foster hit about 10 understrength passes during his 45 minutes on the pitch, he could have scored with a direct lob but instead feinted a pass to Zaroury. Everyone around me was totally gobsmacked. I have no possible explanation why he started and why we even bought him.

oh dear no, doesn't sound daft at all - BT....see Williams in a Wimbledon final - first set, destroys the opponent, second set, contendor makes a phenomenal recovery and takes it..."Seems like we're in for a nailbiting third set viewers", well, not really, Williams just turns up the power to first set level, and walks it home. Why?... because they can, they have the ability to "influence".....manipulate the game, and with it the atmosphere, more fun for them than repeatedly smacking the ball around.

or.....there's the Peter Principle.

"The Peter Principle is an observation that the tendency in most organizational hierarchies, such as that of a corporation, is for every employee to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence"

Principally - promote to fail....the weak point in the chain causing a heavier load on others, so becoming a shield to defend/assist the higher echelons grip on power.

or.... much like a large corporation, who'll recruit (ego's) young willing workers direct from Uni/Academy...and depending on the crisp to be browned, the level of secrecy etc, perhaps a little psychologically profiling even - just to see how far they're willing to play before (if ever) their sense of right and wrong comes knocking... .

In this case, the above could all be crap, but that would mean he's crap.....which returns us to the "Question", and the plausible answers, above.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not me, I would like the Blades to win 1-0 by a hotly disputed 95th minute penalty, which is smacked against the crossbar and rebounds into the net off the back of their keeper's head.
    Not quite what I was hoping for, but a 91st minute, 25 yards screamer was an adequate substitute. Happy with that.

I watched Burnley and Fulham implode and have to wonder why.

It made my day too sinky, especially as they were 2-1 up with 10 mins to go. Added to which the Blades now have a distraction from the league, an extra game to play and hopefully will be taken apart like we were by Haaland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I watched Burnley and Fulham implode and have to wonder why.
    I think it was more Haaland exploding in our case, we did keep trying in an ineffectice sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I think it was more Haaland exploding in our case, we did keep trying in an ineffectice sort of way.
    I'm not often ashamed to be a Claret k_c but yesterday was a rare exception.

I once watched us implode at hartlepool when inchy lost the plot and even worse at Oxford's old manor ground but as you say BT, not often.

I once watched us implode at hartlepool when inchy lost the plot and even worse at Oxford's old manor ground but as you say BT, not often.
    VK lulled me into a false sense of security k_c, I won't be letting my guard down again.

Winning has almost become the norm this season, something we will never have when we return to the Prem ,so embrace defeat as it will soon be the new norm.

Winning has almost become the norm this season, something we will never have when we return to the Prem ,so embrace defeat as it will soon be the new norm.
    2-0 down at half time we really ought to have shut shop. I know what SD would have done. The midfield area would not have looked like two open unmanned tennis courts that is for sure.

Onwards and forwards.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)