+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT ChatGPT

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Thanks Ramshank, so it's basically an advanced search engine that narrows down the answers better that the rather hit and miss Googles etc
    Artificial Intelligence, GP. As you can see from its replies to opposite questions, it scours for information backing up the question asked. I'm not going to ask it to search out Hitler's positive traits but I'm certain it would come up with a glowing reference.

It's been used for a number of things from writing essays and book reviews thereby saving students and schoolchildren a lot of time. The 500 word article I asked for on the failings of HMG, it came up with one inside a minute.

Not unlike polls. If the polling company knows what result you wish, it will word the questions appropriately to obtain the answers you want to hear. ChatGPT answers the question asked. As it's AI, I believe that, inside the next 2 years, it will have learned a lot and if you asked it to write an article on how ethical, truthful and trustworthy BoJo is, it would give you 500 words explaining that he isn't...

ChatGPT is still in development and it's "database" that is being used to train it only goes up to 2021 which is why it couldn't answer my question on Paul Warne.

I've been using chatGPT to fill gaps in my magazine when I'm short of copy. Articles are usually fairly complete to the brief but have absolutely no personality. Even my syntax-blind contributors are safe in their roles for now

I just asked it for an article on how poor the Red Dogs are.......

Nottingham Forest Football Club, commonly referred to as simply Forest, is a professional football club based in Nottingham, England. The club was founded in 1865 and has a rich history, having won numerous domestic and European titles. However, in recent years, the club has struggled to maintain its status as a top-tier football club in England, and has been plagued by financial troubles and poor performances on the pitch.

One of the main reasons for Forest's decline is the club's financial situation. In recent years, the club has been struggling with debt and has been forced to sell some of its key players to stay afloat. In 2017, Forest was taken over by Greek shipping magnate Evangelos Marinakis, who promised to invest in the club and return it to its former glory. However, the promised investment has been slow to materialize, and the club continues to struggle financially.

On the pitch, Forest has also struggled in recent years. The club has not been able to achieve promotion to the Premier League since the 1998-1999 season and has spent much of its time in the lower divisions of English football. In the 2019-2020 season, Forest finished 7th in the Championship, narrowly missing out on a playoff spot. However, in the following season, the club's performances were poor, and they finished in 17th place, just five points above the relegation zone.

One of the main issues that Forest has faced on the pitch is a lack of consistency. The club has gone through numerous managers in recent years, and each one has struggled to find a winning formula.

In other words...given the changes we’ve seen since 2021, particularly in relation to such examples as those you’ve given...Warne, Johnson and Forest, it’s a bit of a ‘toy’ that talks bollux and is about as much use as the proverbial chocolate tea pot.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In other words...given the changes we’ve seen since 2021, particularly in relation to such examples as those you’ve given...Warne, Johnson and Forest, it’s a bit of a ‘toy’ that talks bollux and is about as much use as the proverbial chocolate tea pot.
    It's been used by people to pass tests/exams so more useful than a chocolate teapot. It's still new and learning. A bit like Dobbin and Springett if you like. In one or two versions time it will be let loose with post 2021 stuff as well. Then we'll see what it can do.

I'm glad this wasn't around when I was teaching. Kids have used it a lot and many a teacher has been taken in by it. A wise teacher would be able to recognise that the vocabulary and sentence construction is totally different to a child's usual language. Many are being fooled.

If you ask it more specific questions it will give you a good answer. Side effects of sleep apnea, for instance...

Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that causes interrupted breathing during sleep. The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, where the airway becomes blocked during sleep, often due to relaxed throat muscles. The following are some of the known side effects of sleep apnea:

Daytime fatigue: People with sleep apnea often wake up repeatedly throughout the night, which can lead to excessive daytime fatigue and sleepiness.

Cognitive impairment: Sleep apnea can cause cognitive impairment, including difficulty concentrating, memory problems, and decreased alertness.

Cardiovascular problems: Sleep apnea has been linked to high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.

Depression and anxiety: Sleep apnea can contribute to or exacerbate depression and anxiety.

Metabolic disorders: Sleep apnea has been associated with an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.

***ual dysfunction: Sleep apnea has been linked to ***ual dysfunction in both men and women.

Liver problems: Sleep apnea has been linked to an increased risk of developing nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.

Headaches: People with sleep apnea often experience headaches, particularly in the morning.

Complications with medications and surgery: People with sleep apnea may have complications with certain medications, including opioids, sedatives, and general anesthesia during surgery.

If left untreated, sleep apnea can have serious health consequences. It is important to talk to a doctor if you suspect you have sleep apnea or are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above.

...... Brilliant for facts, less so for subjective questions like how a football club has performed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry, wrong. Its extremely powerful. As I alluded earlier, IMO it currently lacks 'personality' but in many respects it's pretty tip-top

Try asking it for an essay on U2 being sell outs and you'll see its value

I asked it "who is ramAnag" and it knew...spooky But it caveated with use of personal data GDPR type angles

Who is MadAmster

I'm sorry, but I do not have any information on a person or entity named "MadAmster." It is possible that this is a username or pseudonym used by someone online, but without more context or information, I cannot provide a specific answer.

Please no one ask who Tricky is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)