+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reach

I saw reach play quite well against us in the past – mind you I think he was up against Alan Nyom
    Really disappointed with him from day one.

Why he gets in the team? just shows how bad our left side really is. Who else is left

He is a slightly better defender than Diangana and Grant so basically just nuisance value for the opposition a warm body on the pitch but offers zip going forward.

Says something about our quality when we are missing Philips

The boss worked miracle’s forging a bunch of losers into a winning team but some individuals are beyond all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    I saw reach play quite well against us in the past – mind you I think he was up against Alan Nyom
    Really disappointed with him from day one.

Why he gets in the team? just shows how bad our left side really is. Who else is left

He is a slightly better defender than Diangana and Grant so basically just nuisance value for the opposition a warm body on the pitch but offers zip going forward.

Says something about our quality when we are missing Philips

The boss worked miracle’s forging a bunch of losers into a winning team but some individuals are beyond all hope.
    I said a week ago that Phillips is a big loss.

Gets skated on here but in our present squad he’s integral to our best 11.

Certain fans love to kick Phillips in the way they always kicked Brunt.

A sure sign they know f u c k all about football.

It was the same with Morrison, always taking flack.

Brunt and Morrison were like Xavi abs Iniesta compared to anything else we’ve had in those positions in the past 30 odd years or more.

Phillips would be in my best 25 Albion players of the past decade if I was putting a list together.

The bloke works his nuts off and never gives less than his utmost and boy do we miss him.

I’d be tempted to try him at right back next season if we play four at the back, he’s a far better option both defending and going forward than anybody else we have for that slot.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Love Molumby Al. He does make some mistakes but its mainly because he's involved in most of the game. He does more so there's more chances of making mistakes. Every time he's replaced our energy levels drop alarmingly.
    He is also still relatively young, after Yokuslu and Wallace is next on the team sheet.

Essentially the view is that Reach gets priority in selection/substitution because he is able to play in a number of positions !
    Unbelievable!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I said a week ago that Phillips is a big loss.

Gets skated on here but in our present squad he’s integral to our best 11.

Certain fans love to kick Phillips in the way they always kicked Brunt.

A sure sign they know f u c k all about football.

It was the same with Morrison, always taking flack.

Brunt and Morrison were like Xavi abs Iniesta compared to anything else we’ve had in those positions in the past 30 odd years or more.

Phillips would be in my best 25 Albion players of the past decade if I was putting a list together.

The bloke works his nuts off and never gives less than his utmost and boy do we miss him.

I’d be tempted to try him at right back next season if we play four at the back, he’s a far better option both defending and going forward than anybody else we have for that slot.
    Phillips, when Bruce was manager, was generally ineffective, it seemed to me that he didn’t know what he was supposed to be doing. When Carlos arrived, his form picked up immediately. So his loss through injury has been a blow. Also shows how useless Potato Head was.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Krovinovic was treated disgracefully by us.

Lovely little player.
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Phillips, when Bruce was manager, was generally ineffective, it seemed to me that he didn’t know what he was supposed to be doing. When Carlos arrived, his form picked up immediately. So his loss through injury has been a blow. Also shows how useless Potato Head was.

Phillips though only plays two thirds of a season if you are lucky. We can’t support players who are consistently out injured like him, Bryan, Grady and Bartley! Won’t be long before Dike joins them in the treatment room.

Not a fan of Phillips as he’s too inconsistent even when fit to play! More poor games than excellent ones but yes he can be excellent at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)