+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gillingham

Gillingham

11 players out injured or on international duty. Not enough left to fill the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    11 players out injured or on international duty. Not enough left to fill the bench.
    Who. Us or them?

Us....not really bothered about them tbf.

With respect it does sound as the opening statement suggests this game is off...but no, its on and yet another loss or win, who cares when spending 96 minutes defending? Bring back the FIVE forwards and create some chances..Maybe modern football doesn't have them anymore. No wonder the grounds are empty at these prices..

Would have normally been called off, but because its a re-arranged fixture already, it can't be rearranged again.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Would have normally been called off, but because its a re-arranged fixture already, it can't be rearranged again.
    I didn't realise that. I was wondering why we were still playing it tomorrow. Seems a little unfair really as I assume it was originally postponed due to our opponents interest in the FA Cup. So double punishment for us then

I know I'll regret this but...
    if we have 5 forwards, who is going to win the ball and then give it to the 5 forwards? Please don't suggest the 5 who would line up behind as they would clearly be swamped and overrun by the opposition. That kind of formation also includes 1 centre half. Wouldn't last long against the style of play of some of the teams in this division.

I agree with Timmy58, that we are being double punished. It is not the Alex's fault that the original game couldn't be played.
    However, as they ARE being forced to play with, effectively, a full team missing, I cannot see any outcome other than 3-0 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I agree with Timmy58, that we are being double punished. It is not the Alex's fault that the original game couldn't be played.
    However, as they ARE being forced to play with, effectively, a full team missing, I cannot see any outcome other than 3-0 loss.
    I agree it will be another loss although Mac the knife will be back at the heart of the defence in place of O'Riordan. More minutes form CBR too I guess

Mcdonald out injured

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast