+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Northampton

Northampton

Same again for Saturday? Crap attack and fairly solid defence?
    Or will it be changed? Those of you on Twitbookgram probably know about the state of Finnigan's injury but how bad his injury is may be crucial for Saturday. Is it time for CBR to get a start? Perhaps giving Nevitt a chance to be an impact sub. The only other question is Ainley or Colkett?
    Be nice to, at least, reverse home game outcome but the Alex have become unpredictably predictable!
    I know these boards will be quiet if we win but here's hoping🤞.
    However a 2-0 loss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Same again for Saturday? Crap attack and fairly solid defence?
    Or will it be changed? Those of you on Twitbookgram probably know about the state of Finnigan's injury but how bad his injury is may be crucial for Saturday. Is it time for CBR to get a start? Perhaps giving Nevitt a chance to be an impact sub. The only other question is Ainley or Colkett?
    Be nice to, at least, reverse home game outcome but the Alex have become unpredictably predictable!
    I know these boards will be quiet if we win but here's hoping��.
    However a 2-0 loss for me.
    Colckett for me. Ainley has had too many last chances.
    Nevitt to start. Even though he scored a few goals, I remain to be convinced about CBR.

CBR 7 goals in 15 matches before his injury, Nevitt 0 goals in 13 matches. A fit CBR, and I stress fit, is head and shoulders above Nevitt.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    CBR 7 goals in 15 matches before his injury, Nevitt 0 goals in 13 matches. A fit CBR, and I stress fit, is head and shoulders above Nevitt.
    I would suggest that if CBR is not finding the net we get more out of Nevitt. His work rate is far above that of CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Scored 2 in one game, Northampton. So 6 games scored in, or 9 not scored in, during which his work rate and overall contribution was poor.
    Even in the games he scored in he didn’t do much else. I appreciate goals if scored trump a poor work rate.
    I refer back to my initial comment, I’m not YET convinced.

I agree, I'm not yet convinced of CBR either, but Nevitt is in danger of becoming another Sambou. Both have a phenomenal work rate but neither can score a goal.

...and the score...?

Don't feel very confident after watching the other night. Far too many routine passes incompleted which seems to be a theme especially away from home, a woeful and weak midfield, frustrating. I can see a very similar game happening against Northampton. CBR to start in a 3-1 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Don't feel very confident after watching the other night. Far too many routine passes incompleted which seems to be a theme especially away from home, a woeful and weak midfield, frustrating. I can see a very similar game happening against Northampton. CBR to start in a 3-1 loss.
    CBR to start 0-4
    Nevitt to start 1-1

Gonna miss Rod in this one. Would love Nev to bag a hat-trick, but I'll settle for him to score one on Saturday...

2-2 draw

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast