+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Northampton

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Agree again Mike, it’s nonsense.
    However I strongly disagree with you using the word to describe coaching.
    I would use it to describe your attitude to coaching.
    Well, you and others are entitled to a different view as is the BoD...

All I can say is that years of playing this game and watching it..I can use the word 'coaching' as nonsense as it makes no sense. Garry Player had the same views as me when he said the minute a coach could play golf better than him, he would take some notice.

This game has been going for well over a hundred years and the game didn't need coaches as players were picked soley on their skills and played mostly in the correct position. So experience is on my side and not others who disagree...OK here's a very simple question and fans should concentrate on what needs to change, not trotting out the same excuses and the question is this..

We have at least three touchline coaches/managers at each game and yet at Northampton and other games, we did not have ONE single shot on goal in 96 minutes...I can never remember ever seeing games like that and even when we got beat 13-2 by Spurs in the FA cup, we scored a couple and so..

Mr Chairman, BoD, fans, what IS the point of having more than one single manager, not to coach, but always to pick the team and the tactics for each game and that obviously mean more money for the players and indeed the single manager...

Over to you...No excuses...just answer this one....,Maybe we need 11 coaches, one for each player!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Well, you and others are entitled to a different view as is the BoD...

All I can say is that years of playing this game and watching it..I can use the word 'coaching' as nonsense as it makes no sense. Garry Player had the same views as me when he said the minute a coach could play golf better than him, he would take some notice.

This game has been going for well over a hundred years and the game didn't need coaches as players were picked soley on their skills and played mostly in the correct position. So experience is on my side and not others who disagree...OK here's a very simple question and fans should concentrate on what needs to change, not trotting out the same excuses and the question is this..

We have at least three touchline coaches/managers at each game and yet at Northampton and other games, we did not have ONE single shot on goal in 96 minutes...I can never remember ever seeing games like that and even when we got beat 13-2 by Spurs in the FA cup, we scored a couple and so..

Mr Chairman, BoD, fans, what IS the point of having more than one single manager, not to coach, but always to pick the team and the tactics for each game and that obviously mean more money for the players and indeed the single manager...

Over to you...No excuses...just answer this one....,Maybe we need 11 coaches, one for each player!
    Gary Player the man who wrote numerous coaching books on golf. Obviously did believe in coaching when it suited him.
    Do you think that maybe he was advising players with less natural ability than himself so that they could improve? I would say so, and I would coin the term “coaching”

Gary Player the man who wrote numerous coaching books on golf. Obviously did believe in coaching when it suited him.
    Do you think that maybe he was advising players with less natural ability than himself so that they could improve? I would say so, and I would coin the term “coaching”
    No, not at all...Did you play golf as I did for 50 years and was a single figure handicap...
    With not one lesson or coaching invloved...Ditto, football. OK so you lads seem to have trouble with history..

Please answer the present question on us having three managers/coaches on the touchline. Do you think having less than three and we have more than three, would save us money for better players and a single experienced manager?..

I said at one time the club needs to change its name to Crewe Alex Training Corps. for managers and players...I see Crystal Palace have signed Roy Hodgson as a temp manager and he is.....erm, 75 years of age...They seem to not be looking for kids managers then!

I want to see this club improve and they won't unless we go to Cat4 academy and get rid of 90% of the non footballing staff except those needed for the ground....and pitch, Ooops!

I don't object to anyone writing books or giving videos on whatever sport they want to...But that can be gained for the price of a book or a free video and saving a cool one million pounds in wages....with no reward at the end and that is the measure surely...Buy a book and not improve and it costs a tenner..or a fiver second hand...

Employ 3 manager/coaches and how much does that cost? You tell me! I would suggest well over 100,000 pounds PER season...The BoD need to run this club like it was a business, not a charity..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345