+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no comment from the Dee4life Board of directors.

Still no comment from the Dee4life Board of directors.

It is very disappointing that there has been no comment from the Dee4life board of directors concerning the announcement yesterday by Dundee Football Club of the season ticket prices for next season.
    I thought that the Dee4life board of directors would have sent an email to their members stating their views even if they did not want to make a public statement in case it upset John Nelms.

What do you want them to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What do you want them to say?
    The Dee4life board of directors should be telling their members and the Dundee supporters they state in their Mission Statement they say they represent their opinion about the 2023-24 Season ticket prices.
    What is the point of having a new Dee4life Communications Director if all we get is silence on important matters.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The Dee4life board of directors should be telling their members and the Dundee supporters they state in their Mission Statement they say they represent their opinion about the 2023-24 Season ticket prices.
    What is the point of having a new Dee4life Communications Director if all we get is silence on important matters.
    I think there are five or six serious posters on this forum, I think there are maybe 20 to 30 on TDB. How can Dee4Life claim to represent their membership based on the (pretty overwhelming) opinion of a very small number of people?

They would need to canvas their membership. How long does it take to set up a decent survey and send it out to all contacts? Very little I'd think, however how long do you give for responses to come back? 14 days? 28 days? 56 days? Then you have to analyse the resuts and decide how you're going to present them, if you see anything in the data that's worth presenting of course - part time people can maybe do that in a week? 14 days isn't enough and I'd think the same for 28 days however even at 28 days plus analysis time it's just too late to make any difference.

One thing I learned in dealings with John Nelms is that he doesn't give a monkey's about opinion from forums, he needs objective evidence. I believe he'll get that objective evidence via a drop off in season ticket sales and attendances but the truth is that regardless of what we write on here, or Dee4Life present to him, he believes he's doing the right thing and won't be moved by anyone's opinion.

Bear in mind John Nelms sees a bigger picture of which season ticket sales and attendances will be a small part.

All Dee4Life can do right now is publicly declare that they are concerned by the season ticket prices announced and publicly ask John Nelms for justification, they can also ask the press to push the club on it. However as I'm sure you know all that acheives is more distance between club and society. I personally would love them to come right out and ask why £410 and how it's justified, but quite simply they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I think there are five or six serious posters on this forum, I think there are maybe 20 to 30 on TDB. How can Dee4Life claim to represent their membership based on the (pretty overwhelming) opinion of a very small number of people?

They would need to canvas their membership. How long does it take to set up a decent survey and send it out to all contacts? Very little I'd think, however how long do you give for responses to come back? 14 days? 28 days? 56 days? Then you have to analyse the resuts and decide how you're going to present them, if you see anything in the data that's worth presenting of course - part time people can maybe do that in a week? 14 days isn't enough and I'd think the same for 28 days however even at 28 days plus analysis time it's just too late to make any difference.

One thing I learned in dealings with John Nelms is that he doesn't give a monkey's about opinion from forums, he needs objective evidence. I believe he'll get that objective evidence via a drop off in season ticket sales and attendances but the truth is that regardless of what we write on here, or Dee4Life present to him, he believes he's doing the right thing and won't be moved by anyone's opinion.

Bear in mind John Nelms sees a bigger picture of which season ticket sales and attendances will be a small part.

All Dee4Life can do right now is publicly declare that they are concerned by the season ticket prices announced and publicly ask John Nelms for justification, they can also ask the press to push the club on it. However as I'm sure you know all that acheives is more distance between club and society. I personally would love them to come right out and ask why £410 and how it's justified, but quite simply they won't.
    If the ST sales tank, what do you think the reaction will be?

‘All Dee4Life can do right now is publicly declare that they are concerned by the season ticket prices’.
    Would you like them to say it quietly ?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Guaranteed, promotion or not.

And bcram ......why are we always fighting off season tics "tanking" and thinking if they don't tank it's a result.

Where is the vision for growing the club, increasing the fanbase, engaging with the fans, making you feel you are part of something......absolutely zero .......no vision.

Said a few years back we shud have a target of 5000 season tics and have a plan on how to get there ......there is nothing from inside the club, bunker don't give a shiny ****e mentality.

If?

You mean when?

The player budget will be slashed, we'll see even worse next season, the decline of Dens will continue and Nelms will blame poor season ticket sales i.e. the blame will be laid squarely at the feet of the fans.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 17-03-2023 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    ‘All Dee4Life can do right now is publicly declare that they are concerned by the season ticket prices’.
    Would you like them to say it quietly ?
    They've sent out some kind of survey link. That's them getting no more meetings with Greg Fenton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)