+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham to get a cash injection..

Wrexham to get a cash injection..

Not sure how you copy and paste, hopefully all is revealed below.?

https://www.facebook.com/14785264357...Zh4bqzSsMHSql/

For those not on Farcebook:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...cash-injection

If he's going to spend $1bn on Wrexham it won't take long before he's left with less than £1m.

He didn't own 100% of Mint Mobile, in fact, a small portion but was the public face of it. Secondly he wouldn't be funnelling that into Wrexham and if I were a Wrexham fan, I'd be a bit worried about the other bit in that article!

He wants to buy the Ottawa Senators, NHL teams cost a lot of money to run, not quite premier league money but in that ball park. He also Canadian so probably ice hockey is his game so to speak, I'd be worried
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2023 at 10:43 AM.

No they're not, it's his personal money and Wrexham fans seem to think he should spend ALL his money on them and them only He had a 20-25% share in Mint so no way near $1b anyway. He's currently looking at investing in Ottowa ice hockey team so I'd imagine if any of the money was used it would be for that.

On a different note, I wonder how they'll get on in the EFL with FFP in L2 and the wages they are paying their top players at the moment?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2023 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    No they're not, it's his personal money and Wrexham fans seem to think he should spend ALL his money on them and them only He had a 20-25% share in Mint so no way near $1b anyway. He's currently looking at investing in Ottowa ice hockey team so I'd imagine if any of the money was used it would be for that.

On a different note, I wonder how they'll get on in the EFL with FFP in L2 and the wages they are paying their top players at the momment?
    Good for them. I really, really hope that somehow, someway we manage to pip them for the title though it's more in hope than expectation. Just to see the look on their faces would be priceless!!!

The article definitely jumps to a few conclusions. Has he said anywhere that he sold the company (or part of it) to fund Wrexham? Ultimately, Reynolds is a businessman, and a pretty savvy one at that. I don't think he'd sell a stake in a profitable company and throw it at a football club, which is like a financial blackhole.

I'm sure Wrexham will continue to be very well funded, regardless of this news. They'll probably be the biggest spenders in every division up to the Championship (despite also being valiant underdogs in the eyes of their new fans) But I highly doubt Reynolds cashed in because he loves Wrexham so much.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2023 at 10:44 AM. Reason: fixed typo

If he got $1.2b and he wants to buy the Ottowa ice hockey team witch will cost him $900m plus running costs, doesn't leave much for Wexham.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2023 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post

On a different note, I wonder how they'll get on in the EFL with FFP in L2 and the wages they are paying their top players at the moment?
    They need to get on the blower to Man City and ask them how they are the “richest” club in the world over Madrid / Utd when they don’t have anywhere near their global appeal !

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The article definitely jumps to a few conclusions. Has he said anywhere that he sold the company (or part of it) to fund Wrexham? Ultimately, Reynolds is a businessman, and a pretty savvy one at that. I don't think he'd sell a stake in a profitable company and throw it at a football club, which is like a financial blackhole.

I'm sure Wrexham will continue to be very well funded, regardless of this news. They'll probably be the biggest spenders in every division up to the Championship (despite also being valiant underdogs in the eyes of their new fans) But I highly doubt Reynolds cashed in because he loves Wrexham so much.
    This is true I think.

On that series I believe the TWO owners of Wrexham not just Reynolds were briefed on them and the reason given was they are a big club for NL standards and they have a HUGE catchment area of untapped fans in North Wales that is why they went for them and they were cheap to buy in football terms.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    HUGE catchment area of untapped fans in North Wales
    They obviously didn't look into that bit too closely Wrexham has a population of around 70k and has small villages scattered around it full of rugby folk. I fail to see how they can grow to much more than a L1 club unless they can attract people over the border from Manchester and the like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast