+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Fleetwood aka Home to Mick

Ipswich and Posh to come!!
    We look a spent force, play offs now unlikely IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Ipswich and Posh to come!!
    We look a spent force, play offs now unlikely IMO!
    Terrible team selection and terrible performance by those selected. We had the four defenders available to us that had the second best defensive record in the division, why not select them in their usual positions (ie as we finished)?

Worst half of football since Middlesbrough at BBG in 1974 and I’m not kidding

Oh Well. Not looking good is it? So much for my earlier optimism.
    1/6 pts against Shrewsbury and Fleetwood at home! Who’d have thought.
    Warne suddenly with more to prove than has previously been the case at Peterborough next week, or it looks like the wheels are coming off...been downhill since January.

Oh ye of little faith! This is Derby we are talking about, nobody expected a smooth passage into the playoffs did they?

It is odd, that Warne after not changing much, suddenly starts major tinkering with the side. I remain of the view we will finish in the play offs, but its going to be a bumpy road. Keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh Well. Not looking good is it? So much for my earlier optimism.
    1/6 pts against Shrewsbury and Fleetwood at home! Who’d have thought.
    Warne suddenly with more to prove than has previously been the case at Peterborough next week, or it looks like the wheels are coming off...been downhill since January.
    Fleetwood put more of a shift in than we did, simple as that, next 2 games are massive. Are the wheels coming off or have we been sussed out ?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Oh ye of little faith! This is Derby we are talking about, nobody expected a smooth passage into the playoffs did they?

It is odd, that Warne after not changing much, suddenly starts major tinkering with the side. I remain of the view we will finish in the play offs, but its going to be a bumpy road. Keep the faith!
    Always!
    It's a learning point for Warne too, he won't have worked under the pressure of a club with expecting fans before, lots of managers from small teams that have success will fall short at (in terms of perceived entitlement) bigger clubs.
    Need to do better, that's all I have to say about today.

What a disappointment. One wonders if the players thought the same as us and that Fleetwood would be an easy win. Was surprised Didzy on the bench but he hardly looked sharp when he came on really.

Fleetwood did play better than us, yes some time wasting but they didnt park the bus and could have won by more. Regardless of the team selection some really uncharacteristic and very sloppy play by us.

What I dont get is fans leaving after the 2nd goal? Why would you do that? You but a ticket to support your team, not to have the right to see the result you desire week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    What a disappointment. One wonders if the players thought the same as us and that Fleetwood would be an easy win. Was surprised Didzy on the bench but he hardly looked sharp when he came on really.

Fleetwood did play better than us, yes some time wasting but they didnt park the bus and could have won by more. Regardless of the team selection some really uncharacteristic and very sloppy play by us.

What I dont get is fans leaving after the 2nd goal? Why would you do that? You but a ticket to support your team, not to have the right to see the result you desire week in week out.
    Agree, fair weather fans exist even in league 1!

Combination of things. They came with a game plan and system we, apparently, hadn't foreseen. They played to that plan very well. We failed to react, again, and found ourselves 2 down. Deservedly so. There was that bit of luck with their first but the second was down to very good play by Mendes-Gomes and Hourihane stopping rather than trying to keep up with him and Davies covering too slowly, IMO.

Warne put us in the position with the way he set us up. He has been accused of reacting too late and now he made changes on 44 minutes and more at HT.

Curt, as much as I love the guy, has to be cover for the rest of the season. Time, it appears, has caught up with him. Hourihane has dropped off of late and possibly needs a rest. Springett was off it, lack of control. Sibs put a shift in, unfortunately, to no avail. Collo put himself about and was inviting the ref to card him. He has been roundly criticised on Social media but, in all fairness, he got little to no even half decent ball. Both Didzy and NML had issues with ball control. Most of the outfield players had difficulty finding a teammate with passes.

Thoroughly bad day all round. PW shoulders responsibility for the initial setup. The players for the performance. PW rang the changes and we played better 2nd half. Looking forward, I'd play Rooney at RB at Posh, Foz and Cash centrally. Unfortunately for Sibs, I'd play him at LB. Smith and Bird as the 2. Dobbin, Knight and Barks as the 3 and Didzy up top if fit.

I don't think PW will choose my XI. I just hope he doesn't pick players and formation that play into Posh's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Combination of things. They came with a game plan and system we, apparently, hadn't foreseen. They played to that plan very well. We failed to react, again, and found ourselves 2 down. Deservedly so. There was that bit of luck with their first but the second was down to very good play by Mendes-Gomes and Hourihane stopping rather than trying to keep up with him and Davies covering too slowly, IMO.

Warne put us in the position with the way he set us up. He has been accused of reacting too late and now he made changes on 44 minutes and more at HT.

Curt, as much as I love the guy, has to be cover for the rest of the season. Time, it appears, has caught up with him. Hourihane has dropped off of late and possibly needs a rest. Springett was off it, lack of control. Sibs put a shift in, unfortunately, to no avail. Collo put himself about and was inviting the ref to card him. He has been roundly criticised on Social media but, in all fairness, he got little to no even half decent ball. Both Didzy and NML had issues with ball control. Most of the outfield players had difficulty finding a teammate with passes.

Thoroughly bad day all round. PW shoulders responsibility for the initial setup. The players for the performance. PW rang the changes and we played better 2nd half. Looking forward, I'd play Rooney at RB at Posh, Foz and Cash centrally. Unfortunately for Sibs, I'd play him at LB. Smith and Bird as the 2. Dobbin, Knight and Barks as the 3 and Didzy up top if fit.

I don't think PW will choose my XI. I just hope he doesn't pick players and formation that play into Posh's hands.
    Agree on Davies and Collins although to me Collins was clearly too slow to that dangerous early cross, didn’t realise hourihan was playing which supports your assessment

Don’t agree about the back four for Peterborough though, the Roberts/ Cashin/ Forsyth/ Smith back four once again looked solid in the second half

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)