+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tella No 2.

Tella No 2.

I've been a bit busy lately, apologies if it's been discussed already, but if it has I've missed it. I'm referring to Tella's 2nd goal at Hull. Quite simply the goal of the season for me, you can shut down the competition, I can't imagine us scoring a better one.

It started with a throw in by Barnes on the halfway line, a brilliant 50 yard cross-field pass from Ekdal to Zaroury, an exquisite first time lay off from Barnes to Maatsen and a sublime centre from him put it on a plate for Nathan. The highlights don't do it justice, they only show the last 2/3 passes, there were 13 in all.

If this was on MOTD, Jug Ears would have been creaming his knickers, the execution by Ekdal, Barnes and Maatsen in particular was stunning. I'd say it's not only Goal of the Season for me, it's one of the best goals I've seen ever, and I've been watching football since the 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've been a bit busy lately, apologies if it's been discussed already, but if it has I've missed it. I'm referring to Tella's 2nd goal at Hull. Quite simply the goal of the season for me, you can shut down the competition, I can't imagine us scoring a better one.

It started with a throw in by Barnes on the halfway line, a brilliant 50 yard cross-field pass from Ekdal to Zaroury, an exquisite first time lay off from Barnes to Maatsen and a sublime centre from him put it on a plate for Nathan. The highlights don't do it justice, they only show the last 2/3 passes, there were 13 in all.

If this was on MOTD, Jug Ears would have been creaming his knickers, the execution by Ekdal, Barnes and Maatsen in particular was stunning. I'd say it's not only Goal of the Season for me, it's one of the best goals I've seen ever, and I've been watching football since the 50s.
    It's the speed of Tella that amazes me sinkov. One minute all's quiet on the Western front and then BOOM he's in.

How on earth Southampton did not recall him at Christmas really is beyond my imagination.

What I love about this lad is the sheer unbridled joy he gets from playing football. I love him I really do.

Attachment 23788

...the Maatsen cross was as you say, "sublime" - Sinkov.....but he could have sat down to dinner and been relaxing with a coffee and mint...the amount of time the Hull defender gave him to set it up, . As for the Tella goal, more bad defending, Hull player deciding to throw himself low in an attempt to clear it with his head, may even have got a touch on it, hard to say - but standard of play has to be proportionate when judging the quality of the end product, in this case, Hull were way off.
    So a good enough goal, that relied heavily on weakness. Imo.

Tella got the credit for the goal Norder, but imo he had little to do except tap it into the net, it was put on a plate for him. No matter the opposition, the crossfield pass from Ekdal was outstanding, the lay off from Barnes impeccable and you couldn't better the cross from Mastsen, it's quite rare I would think for three exemplary examples of top level skills to come together in one flowing move. I don't recall a better goal this season, anywhere, I was gobsmacked at the skill levels involved, Hull didn't know what had hit them, they were just spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Tella got the credit for the goal Norder, but imo he had little to do except tap it into the net, it was put on a plate for him. No matter the opposition, the crossfield pass from Ekdal was outstanding, the lay off from Barnes impeccable and you couldn't better the cross from Maatsen, it's quite rare I would think for three exemplary examples of top level skills to come together in one flowing move. I don't recall a better goal this season, anywhere, I was gobsmacked at the skill levels involved, Hull didn't know what had hit them, they were just spectators.

I see where your coming from - Sinkov.....certainly a smooth build up, passes were accurate and well timed, no doubt about it.... but again, too lazy from Hull, slow response to Ekdal and Barnes in plenty of space and time to judge the pass/ angle the boot...to Maatsen.
    I could be thought of as being overscrupulous, likely are.

Sinkov comes across to me as being "overscrupulous" whenever my latest hero is mentioned Norder.

Attachment 23793

Not sure why Mr Pace has appeared on this thread mon ami, he had no part in Tella's No 2. There is a thread running currently featuring Mr Pace, but you've gone strangely quiet on that one. I wonder why ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)