+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Poor French

Poor French

Rioting because the poor beggars have had their retirement age risen from 62, to 64.

Poor them.. we must feel sorry for them.

NOT.

We have a lot to learn from the French workers Jules.

Whilst we have meekly accepted the longest working hours, shortest holidays and highest retirement age in Europe with capitalist owners laughing all the way to the bank the French soon tell their government to do one if such things are attempted there.

The French laugh at us as we meekly accept such stuff time after time.

Work to live, not live to work.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-03-2023 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Rioting because the poor beggars have had their retirement age risen from 62, to 64.

Poor them.. we must feel sorry for them.

NOT.
    Your looking at this the wrong way Jules , Macron has added two years to the typical French workers working life , the comparison with his English counterpart isn't relevant because the French mindset was fixed at finishing work at 62 .

The French retirement age at 62 was no doubt won through great struggle just as all the rights we enjoy were won through struggle .

You give them away at your peril .

You are both right, my point was about the retirement age, being STILL # years earlier than ours, not the rioting really. I’ve been in the bastille area when there was a demo on and it was far worse than any football situation I’ve been in……
    They like a good riot the French…… wars not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    You are both right, my point was about the retirement age, being STILL # years earlier than ours, not the rioting really. I’ve been in the bastille area when there was a demo on and it was far worse than any football situation I’ve been in……
    They like a good riot the French…… wars not so much.
    Unfortunately Jules when democracy fails you and the system fails you , at the last French election the choice was between a Thatcher type Macron government or a Penn far right one there's no other option than to take to the streets .