+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: St Mirren Match thread

Horrendous decision aside we only have our selves to blame. We were awful from the 20th minute and whilst St mirren hadnt troubled the keeper i felt like it was only a matter of time till they did. if they hit the target then we all know it would have went in.

Some took encouragement from yesterday but to me it more than ever confirms why we are going down for a few reasons:

• Team worked hard to get lead, then a few mistakes happened, and they seemed to panic and got nervous and sat deep.
    • No team has lost more goals and points later in games than us. The team does not know how to handle a game when in the lead, we can neither kill teams off or keep them out.
    • Decisions going against us all the time... a sign of teams that go down. Teams that go down tend to get no luck
    • We can't score, 3 great chances in injury time and took none of them.

There is a mixture of things wrong which is a perfect recipe for relegation, and what we see time and time again from the team that goes down
    Last edited by the_arab; 19-03-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Horrendous decision aside we only have our selves to blame. We were awful from the 20th minute and whilst St mirren hadnt troubled the keeper i felt like it was only a matter of time till they did. if they hit the target then we all know it would have went in.

Some took encouragement from yesterday but to me it more than ever confirms why we are going down for a few reasons:

• Team worked hard to get lead, then a few mistakes happened, and they seemed to panic and got nervous and sat deep. No team has lost more goals later in games than us
    • Decisions going against us all the time... a sign of teams that go down. Teams that go down tend to get no luck
    • We can't score, 3 great chances in injury time and took none of them.

There is a mixture of things wrong which is a perfect recipe for relegation, and what we see time and time again from the team that goes down
    Agree with all of that. St Mirren deserved at least a draw but not from the goal they got the draw from. We were decent in the 1st 15 and last 15 but they were quite a bit ahead of us during that middle period in terms of keeping the ball and just simply passing it better even though they had very little attempts on goal.

I honestly can't see where our next win is coming from I'm afraid, we seem to take it in turns positionally to not show up and it was the midfields turn yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    To put this in context, we've won 5 games ALL SEASON so far (out of 29). ☹️

Irrelevant really in the battle we are in, we know from past experience that you can get wins in a relegation battle especially post split, but we have winnable games in the lead up too after Ibrox

Our need will become more than those who miss out on top six etc

Just look at 2001, 2003 and 2005, we won games at a rate we hadn't all season and survived each time

With big positive Utd supports behind us, this year is gonna be like those if we stay up, memorable

We have just had a run of winnable games and not done so , it’s becoming less likely we will survive for the points the Arab highlights above , especially lack of goals , Goodwin has stopped the run of defeats but he now needs to find a solution up front , which is why we desperately need the likes of Middleton , Pawlett fully fit , until or if that happens , as others say , it’s hard to see where a win comes from

Appointing Fox and letting him waste funds on the signing of Djoum could be the difference. Asghar you were one useless Sporting Director, the sooner your mob is out of DUFC the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Appointing Fox and letting him waste funds on the signing of Djoum could be the difference. Asghar you were one useless Sporting Director, the sooner your mob is out of DUFC the better.
    It only seems like yesterday i was being told to lay off the big man on this very forum too.He was an FN disaster at our club but to be fair many couldna see it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It only seems like yesterday i was being told to lay off the big man on this very forum too.He was an FN disaster at our club but to be fair many couldna see it.
    FWIW I could too and, like you, I've basically stopped going.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Are any of these ‘Revolution Sports’ thieves still behind the scenes at Tannadice?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    In the grand scheme, although a waste of a wage, his signing has little bearing on the glaring deficiencies within our squad.

So got to Tanny for the first time in a long while and has been said we only played first and last 15 mins or so.

Behich, Fletcher and Ayina (who looks the real deal) got pass marks for me, the sheer effort alone from the first two, should have inspired the rest of the team. Edwards had quite a good game compared to his last few and needs to maintain. I think it proves he plays better without Mulgrew, who should now stick to the coaching.

In my opinion Cudjoe and Niskanen should have been brought on far earlier, yes Niskanen missed a sitter or two, but you can’t expect a player to automatically turn it on, no matter how easy the chance seems; they both gave the St Mirren defence something to think about by running at their defence. How many does Fletcher miss in a whole game?

Djoum? No value to the game, tried to shore up too early, even though under pressure. The outlet ball with the aforementioned two, would have been equally effective, I think.

It definitely needs someone to be running off Fletcher every time, I don’t think we have found the answer to that yet, or tried long enough to form a partnership.

It also proved that the 1000 passes to nowhere, doesn’t work that well, even if the opposition don’t have the ball, they’ll just eventually press.

Keeper still worries me greatly, he wasn’t tested that much, so if he’s it for the foreseeable, then we have to defend when needed, which mostly for our lives and restrict teams from getting into the box.

VAR on another thread is a complete lottery and having ex pros of what ever persuasion would not solve the issue, absolutely no impartiality, as some one said before, the BNBC, would crucify teams like united, the majority of the time and the OFFA, would only see fit to employ ex OF players in that role. The only 2 I would probably trust is McCoist and Sutton, love them or loathe them, I think they along with Michael Stewart might be acceptable.

Nice to get back to Tanny though and make up an 8k+ ( as advertised) support, whom deserve much better.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)