+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shirt pulling

Shirt pulling

This is really bugging me. Is it now allowed for a defender to pull an attacker’s shirt. We’ve seen it many times this season and nothing given.
    Again, yesterday, early in the second half Felipe clearly pulled Anderson’s shirt in the box (clear as day on replay) and VAR didn’t call it to the ref’s attention. Why?

Can someone who understands better than me please explain?

I hate it. It's a piss-poor excuse for shit defending, an admission that your position is wrong or that the opposition player has got the better of you. Stop your opponent with a tackle, a block, a shove...whatever...but shirt pulling is just a tactic for twats. The pull on Anderson was ridiculous and a pen all day long.

I'd like to see any shirt pull given an instant yellow.

in terms of yesterday, I'd say VAR were desperate not to be seen to be giving us anything at all, hence the non-penalty for the shirt pull and the disallowed goal.

Agreed Zip, yellow cards for pulls straight away would stop it very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed Zip, yellow cards for pulls straight away would stop it very quickly.
    Yep-it's not subjective like diving. The ridiculous thing is, the officials make a decision on whether it was enough of a pull to be a foul and that's just absolute nonsense.

Fouls inside the box compared with outside.

It's cheating and breaking the rules no matter where it is on the pitch and should be penalised as such!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Fouls inside the box compared with outside.

It's cheating and breaking the rules no matter where it is on the pitch and should be penalised as such!
    Exactly this. Whether or not it influences the run of the game, it is cheating and should be stamped out. A couple of yellows early in the game would soon stop it.

Imagine an inlfuential play maker from one of the so called "big six" getting sent off in the first few minutes of a game for a second yellow for what was an innocous shirt tug by an alert ref.

That would stop it on the spot.

If Mike Williamson had been booked for every time he pulled someone's shirt, we would never have made it back to the Premier League.

PGMOL is a private company by the way.

Private companies are open to litigation and as such we fans can bring civil action against them.

If things don't improve I firmly believe that the 'Fan Trust' of each team of the other 14 teams in the Prem should band together approach Nick De Marco's chambers to bring civil cases against relating to each blatant fraudulent VAR decision.

It may not be litigation that can win but it will cause a lot of fuss and put more pressure on these crooks to clean house of all the criminality!

Worth a go as far as I'm concerned.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)