+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So our club sanctioned for them to fly and take a coach ride up? No wonder Big Tony can't afford that £2 Million forrud we've always dreamt about
    Well not really Brin, no one knew that it was going to be a washout(haha), so the cost, initially, was theirs. I suppose that there's a limit, or an appeal, against excessive claims. Flying up wouldn't get very far with an Insurance Company.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think it's called an Act of Nature these days in case someone gets offended because nobody can be sure whose God actually caused the problem.
    Indeed.........and of course no one can determine God's pronouns either!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    From some sort of insurance website.

"Generally speaking, an act of God includes acts of nature only. Force majeure, meanwhile, includes both acts of nature and extraordinary circumstances due to human intervention. Examples of force majeure include an outbreak of a contagious disease, government lockdowns, or war."
    In this case CAM it can only be an act of God because I know a couple who where at the Stag pub at the same time and they claim it was only spotting with rain! Divine Intervention at it's finest!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    You've answered it already pal...both! Since when has Fosu been a central mid player? Please don't say it worked against QPR, anybody could have played there QPR were that dire that day.

Odoffin again non existent going awol throughout the first half. He may well pop up with the odd goal but he hasn't as much bite and guile as Lindsay and even Taylor realised that after 30 odd minutes. Only then did he pull Fergie and put Fosu wide to attack and Lindsay made an immediate impact in the middle.

Ideal two in the middle for me are Basil and Jamie and unfortunately Basil hasn't been available however it doesn't excuse Taylor for not using the stronger player in Jamie from the get go.

Up front???? Birmingham one up front, didn't work, same line up bar Blackett for Hjelde against Preston, didn't work so what's he do against Cardiff??? Unbelievable Jeff he goes with the same set up with Hugill on his own, talk about fall on your sword it's almost as if he doesn't know how to change it. Hold that thought......when we went 2-0 down at Birmingham, ping! the light came on and he sent our big guns on up front and yes we did more than take the game to Birmingham.

You see he can alter things but, only after we go behind. Why can't he go with a solid two up font from the off and take it to the opposition? Is he scared to in case it fails? He seems brave enough to try it out if we start losing.

We all know Kelly cannot last the full 90 but at least give it a go if only for 60 minutes for him to be a big large menace that defenders hate the type of and Hugill may get more space to operate better towards goal.
    Ok fair point though blaming the formation I don't agree with. we played the same formation Vs QPR, Swansea and Sunderland and got 7 points. There's one defining factor and it's rathbone. When he's missing even sticking Linsey in his place instead of oddefin wouldn't make much difference. A fit rathbone is like having 1 1/2 players on the pitch. Yeah Linsey has more bite in the tackle but oddefin is better in the air and more of a goal threat.
    I'm with gru regarding fosu. When he's flowing he's unplayable but from the games he's played it happens too infrequently..
    Another one I'm not convinced over is Coventry. He doesn't have the passing ability of barlaser. He doesn't have the bite of rathbone, he can't carry and drive the ball like wiles.

Tbh were all expert's and it's easy to say when we loose MT should have done this, that, and tuther.
    We simply don't have the squad to carry so many injured players.

One thing I didnt understand regarding the referees handling of it was why didn't he have one of the substitutes from both teams take a ball onto the pitch and try and run with it and kick it about a bit to see how it would move? I think he made a token gesture, with regards to the inspection of the pitch, knowing full well it wasnt safe to carry on but I thought that would have shown everyone how bad it was.
    The other thing about it was that it wasnt just bad for the players, but there was surface water down both touchline, and even when it was swept off it just kept filling up and would have been impossible for the linesmen to run up and down the touchline. The thing the Cardiff fans were more upset about was the lack of effort in attempting to do something, and to be fair to them that's how it looked to me also, but I dont think it would have made any difference anyway although we could have tried more. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Ok fair point though blaming the formation I don't agree with. we played the same formation Vs QPR, Swansea and Sunderland and got 7 points. There's one defining factor and it's rathbone. When he's missing even sticking Linsey in his place instead of oddefin wouldn't make much difference. A fit rathbone is like having 1 1/2 players on the pitch. Yeah Linsey has more bite in the tackle but oddefin is better in the air and more of a goal threat.
    I'm with gru regarding fosu. When he's flowing he's unplayable but from the games he's played it happens too infrequently..
    Another one I'm not convinced over is Coventry. He doesn't have the passing ability of barlaser. He doesn't have the bite of rathbone, he can't carry and drive the ball like wiles.

Tbh were all expert's and it's easy to say when we loose MT should have done this, that, and tuther.
    We simply don't have the squad to carry so many injured players.

Fosu does he ever get taken off? He's not player for us definitely not a midfielder & played on left he's like other Haks & one from Udders can't go on the outside. Think most of us know Rathbone being out it's derailed our midfield. Hope he's back at Hull. If we could get Wiles back soon after would be a massive boost to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Fosu does he ever get taken off? He's not player for us definitely not a midfielder & played on left he's like other Haks & one from Udders can't go on the outside. Think most of us know Rathbone being out it's derailed our midfield. Hope he's back at Hull. If we could get Wiles back soon after would be a massive boost to the side.
    Agree about Rathbone. Would be surprised if Wiles plays again this season.

Ffs I’m sure the sprinklers would’ve been on a timer, get a grip and grow up. (Yes we’d be same probably ; )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65018323

Cardiff and their fans are guests in our league and in our country
    If they don't like our grass watering system then they can always go and play Penybont or Airbus UK

The school kids waving the flag in the centre circle get drenched every match and they don't whinge like this lot

In the replay I think we should remind the 250 travelling fans how appalling bad Wales were in the Qatar World Cup and how their hero Bale seriously let them down with his ineffective performances

I understand their frustration but the idiotic things they come out with is worry.

we’re now a cheating club (again) who are laughing at Wigan’s point deduction, what’s that got got to do with monsoon?
    They’re also blaming Howard Webb, he was in on it too

Seriously you’ve got to laugh or you’d cry a river

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast