+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

All i will say after that display is i hope taylor has learned how NOT to play against cardiff when we play them again. We desperately need ollie back we have no bite or anyone who makes things hapoen in midfield. Lets hope 2 weeks will see him back.

The Brum game was awful,Preston was even worse,and guess what......the first half today was worserer.
    Hugill on his own doesn`t work,especially when one of the other "Front" men is Fergie,no disrespect,but he his way out of his depth in that position,surely Fosu should be playing there.
    Anyway,we`ve got away with that one,but next month is going to be seriously congested(Again).

An incredible afternoon as Denis Law scores all six goals as City storm into a 6-2 lead away to Luton Town in the FA Cup. Unfortunately, with 69 minutes on the clock, the torrential rain meant the referee had no option but to abandon the game. Worse still, City lost the re-arranged fixture 3-1 with Law scoring the goal and his incredible feat in the first game was wiped from the records!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The abandonment feels like a win,I can't deny it even though that kind of attitude is not usually me. It wasn't really the scoreline but the fact that that 45 minutes of football is the worst I have seen from a Rotherham United team for as far back as I can remember. We were dismal and poor under Warne many times but that was shambolic and on another level.Not a good accolade at all for MT,who I like very much. The Gods have looked very kindly on us today because had the rain arrived half an hour later,the result would have stood and we can now collect ourselves for 2 weeks,hopefully get some bodies back and have another crack at it. BTW......don't get too carried away with the 'Warnock effect''. All teams who are struggling have 1 or 2 fantastic results but generally not enough of them to keep them up.Blackpool are a good example of that in their last 2 games alone.
    So that first half was worse than Portsmouth away under Warne or Fleetwood at home?
    I suggest you think before you post.

Yes it wasn’t good but I think you need a lie down.

Defence wasn't right. Let's give PK a go at right back. Hope Leo is ready to play at left back after the break. Humphreys Blackett central defenders. Like I've said can't play Fosu in midfield I don't do religion but I'm praying Rathbone is fit in two weeks! Got to get Hugill some support up front.

Similar post to NYSRich' in that we played our 'Get out of jail free' for todays absolutely unforgivable performance in the first half. Long time since I've heard the crowd boo them off, has it got that bad?

Now let me re visit my initial statement by saying, Taylor is showing his ineptness and vision that he simply cannot see that Hugill up front on his own doesn't work. This is the third time he's gone for the same set up albeit Blackett for Hjelde and again how bad did we look today?
    Have some bottle man and look to take a game to the opposition!

Yes we are missing very key players but these lads are supposed professionals and some of their ball control was laughable to say the least. Fergie couldn't keep a simple ball to him in play, Peltier with his boots on the wrong feet lashes it straight into the stands when it was easier just to play the simple ball. Fosu wanting to keep the ball like he was hatching an egg instead of laying it off or dare I say, shooting but to name three incidents, there were more. We were once again very very poor indeed.

Listening to all the muppets texting and phoning in to Praise and Grumble slating our ground keepers etc. One said he's seen it on the telly and the pitch looked totally playable . If we're being silly, I'm sure I saw a couple of carp surface at the left corner flag.

I just hope and pray that Basil and Hall are available for the re match, we play two up front and he drops certain players who I feel are not delivering as they should.

oh dear not happy taffs

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/v...p?f=2&t=232717

I have some sympathy but to blame millers is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    oh dear not happy taffs

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/v...p?f=2&t=232717

I have some sympathy but to blame millers is ridiculous
    Bless em

Wouldn't it be funny if we beat them in the replay and Cardiff go down and we stay up

Glug glug glug, Peltier arrghhh, splash splash gurgle quack, no midfield splash gurgle, Ogbene drowning man, spladooosh, rain drops keep falling on my head, drip drip drip, Peppa loves muddy puddles, the night they saw old Dixie drown, splash, glug, dive dive dive, periscope depth captain, sploosh.

I can’t see why they called it off. If we followed Gru’s minimum height policy we wouldn’t have needed the snorkels

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast