+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

As the Cardiff fans were filing out we should have put the sprinklers on as a wind up
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-03-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    We will have to disagree about peltier, I don't see it at all, an aging CB that is pushed out to FB, doesn't have the pace, out of position so many times, not a leader on the pitch, never see him motivating and getting the team going. But we all have differing opinions. you sound like Taylor, he plays the players aren't good enough card, let me remind you he brought in 8 players in this squad, you are letting him off lightly
    Agree to disagree is most apt, on this occasion. When playing alongside an established and steady CB he has been more than steady himself, IMO. I don't rate Bailey Wright, he makes life difficult for anyone playing alongside him. Doesn't excuse Peltier for the first half, he was crap. When alongside Hall and Morrison though, I think he has been good. You don't, is what it is. How often do we see anyone motivating through a screen though? We can't have a real grasp on whether he does or not, others that go week in and week out may see more, if there is anything to see. We don't know how much of a leader he is.

Hugill - Good enough but crap service
    Morrison - Injured. Looked a great signing.
    Hjelde - Good signing. Has his moments but that's his age.
    Wright - Last minute signing to help out in a crisis. Don't rate though, whatever the reason he signed.
    Blackett - Looks accomplished to me, will get better with game time.
    Fosu - Has shown glimpses but is frustrating in other aspects. Still a quality player for our club. Want more though.
    Coventry - 5/10. Serviceable when alongside better players. Found out when asked to do more than he is capable of.
    Quina - Injured. No idea what we have.

If we had Ollie, Wiles and one of Hall or Morrison we would be well clear. Injuries have crippled our core. The others (Wright, Lindsay, Odoffin) aren't good enough, on a consistent basis. And we don't have a left wing presence really, Fergie looks about 45 when playing sometimes, like today.

I don't like some of the things MT does. Subs when losing and the bench to name a couple, but I won't criticise him for injuries and how they are derailing us. He is working with great limitations right now, and it is a huge shame.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Agree to disagree is most apt, on this occasion. When playing alongside an established and steady CB he has been more than steady himself, IMO. I don't rate Bailey Wright, he makes life difficult for anyone playing alongside him. Doesn't excuse Peltier for the first half, he was crap. When alongside Hall and Morrison though, I think he has been good. You don't, is what it is. How often do we see anyone motivating through a screen though? We can't have a real grasp on whether he does or not, others that go week in and week out may see more, if there is anything to see. We don't know how much of a leader he is.

Hugill - Good enough but crap service
    Morrison - Injured. Looked a great signing.
    Hjelde - Good signing. Has his moments but that's his age.
    Wright - Last minute signing to help out in a crisis. Don't rate though, whatever the reason he signed.
    Blackett - Looks accomplished to me, will get better with game time.
    Fosu - Has shown glimpses but is frustrating in other aspects. Still a quality player for our club. Want more though.
    Coventry - 5/10. Serviceable when alongside better players. Found out when asked to do more than he is capable of.
    Quina - Injured. No idea what we have.

If we had Ollie, Wiles and one of Hall or Morrison we would be well clear. Injuries have crippled our core. The others (Wright, Lindsay, Odoffin) aren't good enough, on a consistent basis. And we don't have a left wing presence really, Fergie looks about 45 when playing sometimes, like today.

I don't like some of the things MT does. Subs when losing and the bench to name a couple, but I won't criticise him for injuries and how they are derailing us. He is working with great limitations right now, and it is a huge shame.
    Some good points there, but other teams have also lost key players to injury, but i think the loss of Morrison and hall have really hurt us

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    So that first half was worse than Portsmouth away under Warne or Fleetwood at home?
    I suggest you think before you post.

Yes it wasn’t good but I think you need a lie down.
    Usual contribution from Yak. If you can't answer the argument, make it personal.

The first half was awful. Why Taylor persists with the 1-man up front is beyond me. The main tactic seemed to me to consist of launching it from the back and hope that Hugill can hold it and use it. The evidence should suggest that having tried in one or two games that you consider an alternative. Not 'Handsome' Matt.

The persistent avoidance of involving Woody strikes me as immature man management. Did the split start on the trip to whereveritwas? If so it should have been sorted by now. The defence recently has looked bedraggled and lacking leadership.

Going back to your opening statement. You have far more to choose from The previous manager's 6 year reign. Yes, there were some awful performances, but given the context, today's half has to be up there as one of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Usual contribution from Yak. If you can't answer the argument, make it personal.

The first half was awful. Why Taylor persists with the 1-man up front is beyond me. The main tactic seemed to me to consist of launching it from the back and hope that Hugill can hold it and use it. The evidence should suggest that having tried in one or two games that you consider an alternative. Not 'Handsome' Matt.

The persistent avoidance of involving Woody strikes me as immature man management. Did the split start on the trip to whereveritwas? If so it should have been sorted by now. The defence recently has looked bedraggled and lacking leadership.

Going back to your opening statement. You have far more to choose from The previous manager's 6 year reign. Yes, there were some awful performances, but given the context, today's half has to be up there as one of the worst.
    Where have I got personal ?
    I was just responding to a statement that I don’t agree with.
    The worst ever performance really?
    I think you are besotted with me giddy.
    Are you lonely fella. Try grinder pal it’s not for me but may suit your needs.

Was a risk signing Morrison. But when he got injured why didn't we sign same sort of commanding centre back? Wright not for me. Hall won't be back this season.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Was a risk signing Morrison. But when he got injured why didn't we sign same sort of commanding centre back? Wright not for me. Hall won't be back this season.
    Must have been a real kick in the balls to MT when we lost him. I think we courted him for a while, got our man and he proved to be just what we needed. Then he goes and gets injured in a meaningless behind closed doors game and leaves us almost no time to find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    oh dear not happy taffs

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/v...p?f=2&t=232717

I have some sympathy but to blame millers is ridiculous
    Cardiff fans on Twitter calling for Rotherham to be deducted points.

I was seeing a glimpse of Tuesday night but we made an early sub and I thought that’s a start then get subbing at HT to get that win but god had seen enough

Seriously what the **** is this idiot on?
    He’s actually tags them

John
    @Jonno2601
    Replying to
    @Ccfc1925
    and
    @BluebirdsPast
    @EFL

@FIFAcom

@UEFAcom
    if you want to see corruption look no further than
    @OfficialRUFC
    disgraceful! The manager, players, ground staff, fans all pulling together to get the game off. Sort it out!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast