+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Well I don't know what was most agonising, the way we played in the first half, not knowing what was happening in the second half due to lack of text updates on MM and the BBC or the plethora of timeouts on FootyMad as I refreshed The way things were going I was going to ask if we should be thinking about getting Patrick Viera in for the last 9 games. A bit tongue in cheek maybe but Palace obviously recognised that they needed to do something to protect their league status. Should we?

Thoughts?

Hudderfield made the right decision they brought in experience that can motivate the players to achieve more than they should be able to. I know Taylor was a long term recruitment, but the first job is to stay up. Taylor needs to really buck up his ideas, because that team were not up for that game, peltier is a liability, he has been all season but MT loves him and wants to give him a new contract, I hope the board are smart enough not to let that happen. The loss of rathbone, wiles and the sale of Dan have ripped the heart out of the team, Hugill needs to realise he is playing football not rugby a terrible player. Fosu needs to be shown videos on how to pass a ball, without trying to hold it for ten minutes. What annoys me is that before we looked like we worked hard, pressed high and had passion and fight, under taylor we look like an aging pub team.

MOTM the weather

Ollie please be ready after the international break.

Someone please apply the magic sponge to Hall or Morrison, miracle sponge I should say.

Someone please discover some super new treatment method to get Wiles back for the run in.

Please no new injuries over the international break.

Please, please, please.

Others showing grit and picking up big results like Huddersfield today.

2 weeks to switch off from it all, unless we have to play it midweek (we won't, will we?)

Strategically brilliant by us

Lead everyone to think we look like 11 men who never met before, scuttling aimlessly around like something in a farmyard with its head cut off - when in fact we were performing an ancient ritual rain dance and it worked to perfection
    Last edited by sawmiller; 18-03-2023 at 05:26 PM.

Could have sworn I saw my grandson doing the lucky rain dance.

Things may have changed after Lindsay came on but up till then we never looked like scoring. Great result for us apart from Danny Ward scoring!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Hudderfield made the right decision they brought in experience that can motivate the players to achieve more than they should be able to. I know Taylor was a long term recruitment, but the first job is to stay up. Taylor needs to really buck up his ideas, because that team were not up for that game, peltier is a liability, he has been all season but MT loves him and wants to give him a new contract, I hope the board are smart enough not to let that happen. The loss of rathbone, wiles and the sale of Dan have ripped the heart out of the team, Hugill needs to realise he is playing football not rugby a terrible player. Fosu needs to be shown videos on how to pass a ball, without trying to hold it for ten minutes. What annoys me is that before we looked like we worked hard, pressed high and had passion and fight, under taylor we look like an aging pub team.
    Peltier really poor today but over the season he has been excellent at right back. By and large.

Not MTs fault he has lost his entire midfield since joining. Any manager at any club would find that incredibly difficult to deal with. You're asking people to play beyond what they are (Odoffin etc), and they can't. Because they are who they are.

Hugill does need to stop some of the desire to fight needlessly, but at least he has some grit. He desperately needs support and something to actually work off. He gets naff all.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place at the minute, we haven't got a midfield. He isn't perfect but comparing him to other teams who are struggling because morale is low isn't fair. Morale isn't great but it isn't our main issue, he can't magically make players better than what they are. Fundamentally.

The abandonment feels like a win,I can't deny it even though that kind of attitude is not usually me. It wasn't really the scoreline but the fact that that 45 minutes of football is the worst I have seen from a Rotherham United team for as far back as I can remember. We were dismal and poor under Warne many times but that was shambolic and on another level.Not a good accolade at all for MT,who I like very much. The Gods have looked very kindly on us today because had the rain arrived half an hour later,the result would have stood and we can now collect ourselves for 2 weeks,hopefully get some bodies back and have another crack at it. BTW......don't get too carried away with the 'Warnock effect''. All teams who are struggling have 1 or 2 fantastic results but generally not enough of them to keep them up.Blackpool are a good example of that in their last 2 games alone.

We’ve just played our Get Out of Jail card.

Feel for Cardiff, but we had our own bad luck two years ago, c’est la vie.

We have to play 442 at home because Hugill on his own clearly isn’t working.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Peltier really poor today but over the season he has been excellent at right back. By and large.

Not MTs fault he has lost his entire midfield since joining. Any manager at any club would find that incredibly difficult to deal with. You're asking people to play beyond what they are (Odoffin etc), and they can't. Because they are who they are.

Hugill does need to stop some of the desire to fight needlessly, but at least he has some grit. He desperately needs support and something to actually work off. He gets naff all.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place at the minute, we haven't got a midfield. He isn't perfect but comparing him to other teams who are struggling because morale is low isn't fair. Morale isn't great but it isn't our main issue, he can't magically make players better than what they are. Fundamentally.
    We will have to disagree about peltier, I don't see it at all, an aging CB that is pushed out to FB, doesn't have the pace, out of position so many times, not a leader on the pitch, never see him motivating and getting the team going. But we all have differing opinions. you sound like Taylor, he plays the players aren't good enough card, let me remind you he brought in 8 players in this squad, you are letting him off lightly

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast