+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Bottle Banks

OT: Bottle Banks

Does anyone know of a bottle bank in central Rotherham/Parkgate area where I could dispose of a bag of bottles/jars now and then?

The only places listed on Rotherham council site are the main tips at Carr Hill and Warren Vale - both a bit of a trek and usually end up queueing for ages.

There used to be one in every big car park but now that recycling is a big thing they've all vanished!

Quote Originally Posted by MillmoorRon View Post
    Does anyone know of a bottle bank in central Rotherham/Parkgate area where I could dispose of a bag of bottles/jars now and then?

The only places listed on Rotherham council site are the main tips at Carr Hill and Warren Vale - both a bit of a trek and usually end up queueing for ages.

There used to be one in every big car park but now that recycling is a big thing they've all vanished!
    MillmoorRon, haven't you got a Council black bin that takes plastic/glass? Or, are you talking of a lot?

Thought there were bottle banks at the small Asda in Parkgate I may be wrong.

This might be of help

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...5qcsCSE3ZriT9a

Parkgate
    Greasbrough rd car park
    Holly bush st car park

Town
    St Ann’s car park
    Tesco
    Last edited by millertop; 28-03-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I suspect this may be slightly out of date as Norfolk House and the Central Library were demolished years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MillmoorRon, haven't you got a Council black bin that takes plastic/glass? Or, are you talking of a lot?
    Nope, I live in flat complex where the shared areas are not large enough for anything but a general waste bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thought there were bottle banks at the small Asda in Parkgate I may be wrong.
    Ta, I'll check that one out.

I suspect this may be slightly out of date as Norfolk House and the Central Library were demolished years ago!
    Lol they’re always outdated but it gives you an idea where there might still be some around
    Tesco and Asda did do them but I don’t use them now so don’t know if still there

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Lol they’re always outdated but it gives you an idea where there might still be some around
    Tesco and Asda did do them but I don’t use them now so don’t know if still there
    I think there was one in the Tesco car park, as stated in the leaflet, but that one was knocked down too!

If you can’t find one then you’ll have to sweet talk someone to let you use their bin, I’m sure there’s plenty out there that only half fill them
    Or sweet talk pub landlords

Ron, if you go to Carr Hill tip in the week then there's hardly anyone there. One thing can change it, a couple of sunny days and the gardeners might be out in force, but hardly big queues.

Most large supermarkets have. Asda at Dalton and Morrisons at Parkgate have them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast