+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's other games

Today's other games

Good so far.

Spurs and Brentford both held after leading.

2 points behind Spurs but we've got 2 games in hand and 5 ahead of Brentford with a game in hand.

Brighton are the obvious threat but they're playing in the FA Cup tomorrow-could do with them winning as extra games might hinder them.

Suspect there won't be a VAR call as bad as our disallowed goal all weekend, One of the very worst of the season.

Good old Spuds blowing a 3-1 lead.

Nice little stoppage time penalty (again!) for the Saints to get the draw. Spurs looked very ordinary and didn’t deserve to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Suspect there won't be a VAR call as bad as our disallowed goal all weekend, One of the very worst of the season.
    Certainly. Interpretation of the seriousness of a foul or the intention to handle the ball is one thing but not understanding that if a defender plays the ball the attacker is not offside is a case of not understanding the rules.
    Reminds me of the time at St James in the chimpo when our players encroached for a penalty and the ref gave an indirect free kick to them instead of a retake.
    That ref was suspended.

And it was 2 defenders who played the ball before it got to him...TWO!! The suggestion ois that they decided that neither contact was intentional and therefore Longstaff was offside.

To me, making that decision was even worse as it shows a deliberate move to disallow the goal at any cost. I've heard/read several former pros saying that the contact was clearly intentional.

So the officials or either ignorant or corrupt. Either way, Elliot Anderson was denied his first senior goal for us,

Of course it was intentional - he cut out the cross FFS! It’s a case of making excuses to try to cover up.

Chelsea just conceded an equaliser, 5 mins added time.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Of course it was intentional - he cut out the cross FFS! It’s a case of making excuses to try to cover up.
    Hopefully Howard Webb will sort out the dross - Lee Mason has already gone and I read that Mike Dean has not been used for VAR for a few weeks now.

Annoying, as I'd rather Everton got nowt.

Then again, I can't stand Chelsea either so want them to get nowt.

Maybe a draw is the best result.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Annoying, as I'd rather Everton got nowt.

Then again, I can't stand Chelsea either so want them to get nowt.

Maybe a draw is the best result.
    True, just a bit nervous with Chelsea being single figures behind us and we have a run of three away games between Man Utd & Spurs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)