+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we bothered by tonight’s result ?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    A little bit of context. Haaland played 63 minutes against both Leipzig and Burnley. He scored 5 against Leipzig and 3 v Burnley. Leipzig were in the Champions League Semi Finals three years ago and had qualified for the final stages of the Champions League this season. They had drawn 1-1 in the home leg against Manchester City before conceding seven in the second leg at the Etihad. It was a reality check yes but our aim is to win the Championship and then get better.
    thanks for the perspective _ Outwood.....but as know nothing of Leipzig, how they regularly play, how they played etc, I can only accurately measure what I know.

I would think that's Sean Dyche's methods and tactics justified, I've read numerous posters bemoaning the fact that we used to get regular 5-0 spankings off City under Sean, which could have been avoided if only he'd have ditched the Dycheball and played more expansive, open attacking football. Vinni has ditched the Dycheball for proper football, and instead of the 5-0 spanking we get a 6-0 spanking. Go figure, as they say in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I would think that's Sean Dyche's methods and tactics justified, I've read numerous posters bemoaning the fact that we used to get regular 5-0 spankings off City under Sean, which could have been avoided if only he'd have ditched the Dycheball and played more expansive, open attacking football. Vinni has ditched the Dycheball for proper football, and instead of the 5-0 spanking we get a 6-0 spanking. Go figure, as they say in the States.
    The only bad post I seen you make and imo it’s shockingly bad. I’d sooner lose 20-0 than lose 1-0 under dyche and his **** negative framework

People still mention dyche, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    City are more awesome than the teams that used to tonk us 5-0. I think we played some good football but lacked the finishing touch. At 0-0 we broke forward with their goalie out of position, if our player had glanced up he had an ideal opportunity to lob it into the net, can't remember who it was now. If anything the game should have removed any complacency that may have been creeping into the side, teams always play better after a thrashing.
    It was useless f*cking Foster. My son absolutely hates him!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Sinkov....you mean - back when we were established hoofballers dossing at the low end of the PL and everyone had lost the drive to survive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    The only bad post I seen you make and imo it’s shockingly bad. I’d sooner lose 20-0 than lose 1-0 under dyche and his **** negative framework

People still mention dyche, wow.
    They were embarrassing, they were humiliated, they were boys against men. A pathetic, set of chicken$hits who could not stand up to being bullied and forget Kompany's claptrap he's a Blue through & through. Blue Moon my f*cking arse.

Dyche's Blues played like men and drew 2-2 at Chelsea, our lot will get pasted back to front and slapped round again and again unless Kompany gets them all to grow a pair of cojones.

And talking of Dyche he would not have bought Foster in a month of Sundays. I have no idea why Kompany decided to give his old pal a two goal start by playing Foster from the start but like Norder implies the EPL is a "Big Boy's Club" and we isn't in it.

I guess some of us actually are bothered

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    They were embarrassing, they were humiliated, they were boys against men. A pathetic, set of chicken$hits who could not stand up to being bullied and forget Kompany's claptrap he's a Blue through & through. Blue Moon my f*cking arse.

Dyche's Blues played like men and drew 2-2 at Chelsea, our lot will get pasted back to front and slapped round again and again unless Kompany gets them all to grow a pair of cojones.

And talking of Dyche he would not have bought Foster in a month of Sundays. I have no idea why Kompany decided to give his old pal a two goal start by playing Foster from the start but like Norder implies the EPL is a "Big Boy's Club" and we isn't in it.
    So WROng in every way . Before commenting any further I’ll give you the Benifit of doubt and I’ll let you sorber up

BT is tad upset. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    So WROng in every way . Before commenting any further I’ll give you the Benifit of doubt and I’ll let you sorber up
    I have not even hit the bottle yet, I had not realised the world's leading expert on football had joined our group and no other opinion other than yours is to be tolerated.

Incidentally, most of us can at least be bothered to spell the $hit we write properly.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong and you know best and this result is an important part of our development.

We were dog$hit poor, Foster is useless (if you were there you MUST have seen he should have put us 1-0 up after 20 minutes), we caved in and I'm beyond curious as to why Kompany has his nose so far up Guardiola's bum cheeks he can't see the Claret & Blue for the Blue.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)