+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are we bothered by tonight’s result ?

good comments Norder. We play to runners up front and rarely give them a ball over the top and into the channels! they were ready to go many times from what I saw. Still can't complain too much it's been a hell of a season thanks to VK and co.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have not even hit the bottle yet, I had not realised the world's leading expert on football had joined our group and no other opinion other than yours is to be tolerated.

Incidentally, most of us can at least be bothered to spell the $hit we write properly.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong and you know best and this result is an important part of our development.

We were dog$hit poor, Foster is useless (if you were there you MUST have seen he should have put us 1-0 up after 20 minutes), we caved in and I'm beyond curious as to why Kompany has his nose so far up Guardiola's bum cheeks he can't see the Claret & Blue for the Blue.
    *** you
    Who talks about spelling and grammar on a Saturday fkin night other than ct and his board of ****rs. I’ll leave you all to it .

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    The only bad post I seen you make and imo it’s shockingly bad. I’d sooner lose 20-0 than lose 1-0 under dyche and his **** negative framework

People still mention dyche, wow.
    Nevertheless, when Sean was manager we played City 17 times, they never scored 6 against us, not once. We played 14 Premier League games against them, they only managed to score more than 2 in five of them. In 9 out of 14 PL games, Sean's Burnley kept them to 2 goals or less. Perhaps Vinni should have rung Sean for a bit of advice, it might have saved him, and us, some embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Sinkov....you mean - back when we were established hoofballers dossing at the low end of the PL and everyone had lost the drive to survive ?
    No, I mean back in .......

December 2014, City 2 Burnley 2
    or March 2015, Burnley 1 City 0
    or November 2016, Burnley 1 City 2
    or January 2017, City 2 Burnley 1
    or February 2018, Burnley 1 City 1
    or April 2019, Burnley 0 City 1
    or February 2021, Burnley 0 City 2
    or October 2021, City 2 Burnley 0
    or April 2022, Burnley 0 City 2

You know, back in the day, when Sean was manager and we actually gave them a game.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nevertheless, when Sean was manager we played City 17 times, they never scored 6 against us, not once. We played 14 Premier League games against them, they only managed to score more than 2 in five of them. In 9 out of 14 PL games, Sean's Burnley kept them to 2 goals or less. Perhaps Vinni should have rung Sean for a bit of advice, it might have saved him, and us, some embarrassment.
    been busy doing your research - Sinkov ?!?

Incidentally....what do you reckon the likelihood is of Sheffield U netting another 5 against us...or us putting another 3 past Muddlesburrugh in a few games time ?

--

Burnley riding high, I guess the City result is bound to cause discomfort, to what degree, is an individual matter....the level of authenticity etc. As said, I know we're better than that, had to be, are top of the Championship, where there's many a tough nut to crack.

I have a kind of electronic waste bin where I crumple up my thoughts and throw them into the waste tray in the corner of the room. They don’t even make the “post when your sozzled” thread and actually see the light of day. We just got a pasting from City and I want to see how we react to this. I didn’t like it and I don’t think VK or the players liked it either. We will see over the remaining nine league fixtures of the season how much it has affected us all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It was useless f*cking Foster. My son absolutely hates him!
    BT , calm down my old mucker you’ll do yourself an injustice, I had a quick look after their champions league game the other night and here’s balance for you — guardiolas squad is the most expensive in champions league at 1 billion , and your berating Lyle foster for being crap whos cost us 7 million at this stage.

Balance required I feel - they have assembled 2 squads ( not one ) that could play in any league anywhere and be competitive if not the best.

We didn’t cover our selves in glory and we asked a lot of the players who started but when you actually think about it - we knew it was coming - the thing about the premiership in general is chances are less and when they come you need to take them - also if you switch off or make mistakes they’re punished in a second.

Make no mistake we played the best team in the premiership yesterday who are just starting to purr again - it will be someone else getting a hiding in two weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    BT , calm down my old mucker you’ll do yourself an injustice, I had a quick look after their champions league game the other night and here’s balance for you — guardiolas squad is the most expensive in champions league at 1 billion , and your berating Lyle foster for being crap whos cost us 7 million at this stage.

Balance required I feel - they have assembled 2 squads ( not one ) that could play in any league anywhere and be competitive if not the best.

We didn’t cover our selves in glory and we asked a lot of the players who started but when you actually think about it - we knew it was coming - the thing about the premiership in general is chances are less and when they come you need to take them - also if you switch off or make mistakes they’re punished in a second.

Make no mistake we played the best team in the premiership yesterday who are just starting to purr again - it will be someone else getting a hiding in two weeks time.
    I agree army. We were firmly put in our place yesterday and Pep did not spare the punishment but it is prudent to step back and look at the context of the game. We will surely be returning to the PL (for good or ill) and we will have to deal with teams like City, Chelsea and Newcastle who have access to billions of funding.

Disappointing to go out like that. Class told in the end. I don’t think too much should read into the result. Comparing it with the Dyche years is somewhat fatuous. He did not face Haaland, for example. He has scored over 40 goals already this season. Better teams than us have suffered at his hands.

A bit of perspective helps. Our team is, in the main, young, developing and learning. City is a side full of quality and experience. Many of their squad have «*been there, done that and bought the T shirt*».

As regards individual performances, there were one or two bright moments. I thought Beyer made some good runs. City cleverly disrupted our game. We were not given time to settle into a rhythm. My only concern was BPF in goal. He did not look comfortable with the ball at his feet and could have done better on a couple of the goals.

Onwards and upwards now. 9 points needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    *** you
    Who talks about spelling and grammar on a Saturday fkin night other than ct and his board of ****rs. I’ll leave you all to it .
    Thank God for that. A small mercy came out of last night's humbling if nothing else.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)